Lily Marble - Ch. 34

;-; my favorite manga.... my ships.... the girls!!!! The axe may have gotten you but I will never forget you RIP

Dex-chan lover
@Raknasuu I follow this manga very unevenly, so I will not say anything about the plot. But yuri couples, when a straight girl falls in love with an androgynous girl, because she looks like a hot guy and at the end says “well ... gender does not matter! 11” is also problematic for me as a type of psycho lesbian. This is very similar to those shitty otokonoko manga, where the authors use trans female characters as a kind of "fake girls".

Dex-chan lover
well...now we know why this felt rushed...
She is trying to tie the loose ends so she can finish the story
have to say...I expected more from it

Man, another good yuri manga axed? How disappointing! I honestly loved all of the characters in this manga, and I was really rooting for Moe. Seriously? Why’d you have to go and hurt Moe like that, Author-san?

At least Iwashita and Tsubasa are happy (and Risa and Aya... hopefully? who knows. this time skip already has a 1/2 success rating from me), though now I’m scared for Miyu. I get the feeling that she’s going to get punched by the “the person I fell in love with has a boyfriend/is now married” schtick that Moe just got hit with.

I definitely could see great trajectories for the relationship arcs, and I’m sad we don’t get to see those played out. Looking back, I’m guessing that the weirdly rushed and forced pacing with the Risa/Aya wrap-up was also caused by the axe? Nonetheless, this is a sad one to lose.

Fed-Kun's army
Change da world my final message. Goodbye

I don't wanna think too much, I just have that one Linking Park music in my head..

Thank you so much for the ride guys

Dex-chan lover
I wish to her a miserable marriage on the botton of my descatable cup.
A last a yuri couple but holly the other one shouldn`t even get attention

This sucks. I'm going to take the ending further based on similar yuri.

Hikari marries this dude. He's a successful business man and he has no time to spend with her. Turns out since she still has underlying feelings for Moe their marriage grows even more sour. He starts to cheat on her because he feels she doesn't really want him. She meets Moe while going to a gym to work off some steam. They start going places together and eventually Hikari breaks down. She tells Moe she has always loved her and knew it deep down. She just couldn't accept it and didn't know if she felt the same. Moe says nothing then kisses her. They run off together and she leaves hubs a note. "Thnks fr th mmores, dude."

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan

How do you come up with such examples? The otokonoko stuff is indeed problematic... Worst part: They are indeed girls, it just happens that the author decides they have a dick. Suddenly you can also appeal to straight males while making a light hearted take on gay romance. Wow, I just realized that is actually pretty convenient

There's also an extention of a treatment for shota characters that are made too feminine looking on purpose so you can have a straight coupling with two lewdable characters. But that's another matter by itself For now, only a game comes to mind: 9s is sexualized and that's because in route B he's a waifu replacement for 2b

I do like the treatment of a certain character in blue period tho. But I don't know if he fits on the otokonoko category at all.

PD: I'm not gonna spoil the plot to you, but I'l just say that the gender stuff was kind of nicely adressed. I wouldn't mind your thoughts on this matter if you ever find the time to catch up.

ADONIS IWASHITA CANON HOLY SHIT

WHATS WITH THIS TIME SKIP

HIKARI-CHAN GETTING MARRIED I FELT THAT FUCK THAT HIT HARD BUT U KNOW WHAT I RESPECT THE MANGA FOR TAKING IT IN THIS DIRECTION BC THAT SHIT HAPPENS SO OFTEN IN REAL LIFE IDK HOW TO DESCRIBE IT BUT FUCK I FELT THAT ON A SPIRITUAL LEVEL YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE GAY FEELINGS INSIDE AND HIDDEN BC ITLL NEVER BE ACCEPTED AND IT'S BETTER TO STAY FRIENDS ANYWAYS AND *emotional repressed gay sobbing*

at least best girls got together the mangaka rlly just slapped adoiwa content to placate us so we all dont go feral huh i respect that

ok finished reading the comments pls dont wish for hikari's marriage to fail, moe wouldnt want that!!! and if gender never rlly mattered to you that doesnt mean ur a straight woman. that makes you pan so get with the program. knew the mangaka was rushing things but honestly it didnt even dawn on me that this series was getting axed. damn. thanks for all the time spent on this tho. thank u too, translators!!

Dex-chan lover
@Raknasuu If we are talking about queer content, I mostly prefer the one that treats queer folks as ordinary people. Therefore, stories that try to sexualize or make them political, annoy me.

Dex-chan lover
@Superoniichan

Well. But including a queer character or not including one is also a political statement. And the treatment an author may give to them when included reinforces those positions.

I understand that some people find it bothersome to include politics on everything. But I don't think so. You can enjoy a product without being constantly thinking politics but that doesn't mean they are not there.

Also, if you haven't read Blue Period yet... I highly reccomend you do so. It's one of my favorite mangas at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread