Linda - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
People in this thread not realiziing that this is a twelve year old boy, and that he's powerless in the face of an adult.
You can call him a coward for running, but then you've probably never experienced the despair and powerlessness he has.
This was never his responsibility to bear, it was her mom and she did the right thing to protect herself and her child by divorcing and moving. This was not something a 12-year old should feel responsible to fix or mend.
The only thing he could've done was being emotional support and tell her how he felt, but otherwise it was completely out of his control.

Dex-chan lover
Definitely an uppercut right through kokoro.

Hopefully he can move on after this, chasing a ghost from the past is not good for yourself.
Oneitis is a terrible thing, and honestly more of a mental illness than of love to be honest.

Double-page supporter
Me when I…when i fall in love at an age of ego development and can’t create genuine coherent reasoning for the love so I fumble it wasting the 1 shot you get in romance. We call that a what??? A FEELS BAD MAN

Dex-chan lover
Setting aside my thoughts on the guy, I do hope that Linda herself has found a partner she loves just as, if not even more, than her childhood semi-romance. A lot of the time, I feel, there's a sense that they're always 'settling' for someone else in place of their previous love, and that honestly sucks for all three sides.

At least it wasn't Three Days of Happiness though. Fuck that was a shitty way of concluding that particular character.

I'm actually came prepared here and played a shuffled rock playlist to achieve that "observer effect" to stay detached, but heaven said no and by fate two heart wrenching song actually played after another 😭😭😭

Double-page supporter
Holy shit. That was an excellent read. Conveyed the story really well. A really good One shot. One thing that was weird that she cried but didn’t have any second thoughts. 9/10

Dex-chan lover
A bullet in the heart was not what my doctor ordered. :meguuusad:
It's a great oneshot, but it hurt like hell. I hope we can read more works of the author. he song was also very good.
Thank you for translating this!

Double-page supporter
481fcfb6ced90c1107c4f2351773e6950f15f2dd.jpg

II HATE THIIISS

Aggregator gang
i can't fault the mc too much on what happened in his past, after all he was just a kid... but after reading the backstory then i realized that the mc don't deserve anything at all, he doesn't deserve to be with linda at all... in the first page he said there's a reason why he couldn't come back to his home town. it means even as an adult he is still the same kid as he was when he ignored the fact that linda was getting abused by her father. he was making excuses in his head to run away from it instead of taking it as a lesson, even though he did tell her how he felt for her, he only did it out of desperation, he is still the coward as he was when he ignored her and i believe he will still be the same coward moving forward. why? because it seems like he doesn't want to move on, when he snatched away that mic to sing that song that reminds him of linda, it just indicates that he just wants to keep living in past where linda was still within his reach....

Dex-chan lover
That divorce news was such a relief, at least mom had the guts to stand up and protect her daughter in the end :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
He deserve that, i have no pity for him and glad she get the better guy. I can't imagine if she continue her relation with him, maybe he just ignore her when she got trouble

Users who are viewing this thread