Lion Coeur Senki

Contributor
Well I guess I’m dumb for not reading the tags, but i did not expect this to turn into an isekai with the prologue. Anyone know it the source material is good?

Ah, so a roman emperor and an English king; "Valerian Lionheart". Guess that means he will slaughter thousands of innocents and get captured by his enemies (since both Valerianus and Richard I where captured).

Only one proper chapter out at the time of writing, so to early to tell but these history-mashup-plus-fantasy can get a bit too on the nose in my experience. Let's hope this one is different!

Edit: splelnig

people could start looking for good mangas, this one seens like promising, wish there was tl for it.

This is a good start. I hope there will be an update sooner or later before I totally forgot the manga existence

"why only shit manga re fast translated and the best are slow"

The amount of people who would deny this is the case is staggering, but it's absolutely fucking true. Palming through my MDlist right now and it couldn't be more apparent. There's some solace in the fact that a lot of stuff that is genuinely interesting or promising, get consistent novel translations, at least. Not this story, but I find that the failure of scanlators to pick up or remain consistent with interesting series is often offset by the success of novel TL groups that are willing to translate and edit far more text.

Dex-chan lover
read up to ch 22; tried to google tl /DeepL MTL ch23 but it was too much for my neurons.
hope this gets picked up

Contributor
Entire series is now translated on J Novel Club. It was okay, though it felt like a couple parts didn’t flow well. And of course we never found out how Varian lost his eye.

Chapter 8 is an effective filter.
it's raw.
no weak mc.
no morality restrained mc.
new world rules > mc's original world rules
Pretty sure there are better ways you could get “the world Varian is in is different from his original world” than that

The writer tried hard blowing up absurd violence to make it dark fantasy, but a result is more like foolish writing of highschooler.

Dex-chan lover
Making it an isekai was a mistake, it only makes MC look like a wuss with no character since it was so easy to break his morals (as in mc trying to rape another child kind of thing).
If he was actual inhabitant of this world and actually started as a child instead of an adult in babby body it would have been so much better.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn, that was intense. I do feel a little bait-and-switched because we never get to see him as depicted on the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread