Little Lotus - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Japan, Vietnam and Little Sister

incredible first chapter has me excited for new ones and I'm wondering if these recipes will be something we as readers can try can't wait for more

Dex-chan lover
the manga is a fun read, very sweet work, definitely recommend to translate all of it because it is such a sweet banger. Thanks for the translation friend :) made me re-discover this manga awww

Group Leader
Hi everyone! The translator here!

First of all, thank you all so much for giving my scanlation a read. It took quite awhile to manage everything but I am glad to see the results.

The second chapter, depending on my schedules with other stuff, will come out sooner or later. So, I hope I can still see you all reading it.

Once again, thank you all so much for reading!

Dex-chan lover
The gal really looks like the mc from bookworm, had to read it for that alone, aside from it looking like a really good read anyways

Thanks for the translation
I think the gal and the art looks more like the one from Kuchi ga Saketemo Kimi Ni Wa(Even If You Slit My Mouth). I even had to check the artist wasn't the same...

Dex-chan lover
Oof, ID and passport gone. Gotta go to the embassy then.
He should have been more careful. Even grandpa had warned him.

Dex-chan lover
Oof, ID and passport gone. Gotta go to the embassy then.
He should have been more careful. Even grandpa had warned him.
Usually the thief will find a way to contact you and ask for ransom money. Depends on how important the items were, u might have to pay a big chunk to get them back.

Ofc a lot of those (like ID and passport) can be redone at the embassy, but it is troublesome, not to mention all the other issues like informing ur banks for ID number change, plane ticket information, etc. A lot of people opt to pay the ransom to skip all of these.

Hello, I'm a Vietnamese and I'm so excited to see our country appearing in manga. If possible I'd like to provide some culture help in references through mangadex's comments. Hope you guys have a good release

I think foreigners may know about Phở bò already, so I think I should mention something unexpected: Phở bò's noodles (aka Sợi mỳ). We use noodles as a term to call almost anything made with rice (gạo tẻ) or sticky rice (gạo nếp). In Vietnam, sticky rice is used to make Bánh Chưng (chung cake, made with the idea that the earth is square), Bánh Giày (Round Sticky rice cake, made with the sky is round as the idea), Bánh Tét (Banh Tet, the Southern Vietnam equivalent to Bánh Chưng) Bánh Trung thu (moon cakes), xôi (sticky rice) in general, some other regions use sticky rice to make their unique delicacy, but all of them should be tasty
In my childhood, at night I could hear some travelling vendors at night shout: Ai bánh cuốn đây! Bánh ngô, bánh khoai, bánh giò, bánh bột lọc, bánh mỳ nóng nào! (Anyone want some Banh Cuon? Corn Cake, sweet potato cake, cake with meat filling, cake with filtered powder, Banh my here!). Banh my excluded, among the other cakes over, Bánh ngô is actually made with powder and cooked by frying (lol); the leftovers actually use rice as 1 of the main ingredient, with bean paste and the leaves to bound them of choice, then boil for a few hours and ready for sale.
The Sợi mỳ (noodles) of the manga is just 1 of the forms I know of this. Other forms of noodles I know may be: Mỳ phở (manga), Mỳ tôm (instant noodles, the shrimp is mentioned maybe cause earlier design of the Vietnamese instant noodles is Miliket, which had a few shrimps on the cover), Bún (you can see this served in Bún chả, bún riêu cua, bún đậu, bún bò Huế), bánh phở (dunno how to visualize the difference, just think of this as the Phở's noodles being served in rectangular blocks), bánh đa nem (the outer layer of Chả Nem if you ever stumble in one, it is hard normally but softens after dipped in water, we fill 1 side with ingredients, package the whole thing then deep-fry them to make Chả Nem)
Sorry if my rambling seems long, but I'm so excited to see my country's delicacy in manga, they are truly tasty, please do try out them all

Users who are viewing this thread