Loading issues while browsing with advanced search

The longer I search through pages of manga the longer the loading gets till eventually the webpage just crashes. Has happened every night I've tried searching for some new stuff to start reading. Usually get through like 10 pages of results before the loading issues start.

Power Uploader
Works fine for me.
Try using the feature in incognito mode, If it works properly then you might have to clear cache or try turning off extension(s), one of them might be the issue.

I have the same problem, it seems to work just fine up to a certain point (I don't know if it varies) then suddendly start using ridiculous amounts of memory.
I tried to take a memory snapshot from a fresh page for each new page I load. For my test it was stable up to 14 pages then exploded. The last one is page 18, I gave up after that, it was taking to much time to load and create the memory snap.
The main test was on Firefox but I also tried on brave just to be sure, also asked a friend and he had the same issue.

Capture-d-cran-2024-03-29-201110.png
Capture-d-cran-2024-03-29-201049.png
Capture-d-cran-2024-03-29-200918.png

Contributor
Can replicate with Firefox as well.
  1. Start Firefox with a new clean profile
  2. Load Mangadex
  3. In user settings set chapter language filter to English and Latin (this shouldn't matter)
  4. In user settings set items per page to 64
  5. navigate to advance search
  6. step through pages 1 at a time using page selection found at the bottom of the page
Memory usage was pulled from memory snapshots in Firefox's dev tools or if that failed memory usage was pulled from task manager for the process that owned the tab (marked with *).
Search Page #Memory Used (MB)
194280.76*
204331.19*

Notes:
  • Not only does memory consumption rise but time for the page to actually load the next page drastically increased as well
  • Results per page didn't seem to have an impact for me. Each time around page 15 of the results is when slowness became noticeable
  • Refreshing the page "fixes" things

Users who are viewing this thread