Login Authorization won't redirect on main site.

Dex-chan lover
After logging in the site just stalls on the green check mark screen instead of redirecting back to the homepage. :nyoron:

Solution
Do you know how to use the developer tools in your browser? With F12 you can open the devtools, there is a network tab and a console tab that might tell us more about whats going on. If a request fails, the row in the network tab will be red. If you click on it, it might reveal more useful information

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
Do you know how to use the developer tools in your browser? With F12 you can open the devtools, there is a network tab and a console tab that might tell us more about whats going on. If a request fails, the row in the network tab will be red. If you click on it, it might reveal more useful information

Solution
Dex-chan lover
The network tab says nothing but this comes up in the console tab section repeatedly. :thonk:
XML Parsing Error: no root element found
Location: https://auth.mangadex.org/realms/mangadex/protocol/openid-connect/token
Line Number 1, Column 1:
And this appears at the top with a redexclamation point.
Content Security Policy: Directive ‘child-src’ has been deprecated. Please use directive ‘worker-src’ to control workers, or directive ‘frame-src’ to control frames respectively.

Dex-chan lover
I experienced the same issue just now. I didn't have network tab open, sorry. I decided to ignore the stuck redirect and click on updates and I was told that I need to log in. So, I clicked the log-in and got a half log-in window. See image below. Under the same session (i.e. I didn't log-out and log back in) I went to the forums to see if I could log-in and I did, sort of.

Lately, on the forums, whenever I go to log-in, the page refreshes, but there is no visible sign that I logged-in. I still see the prompt to log in. I need to click a forum to get my avatar to show up. I don't know if its related or not.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
I experienced the same issue just now. I didn't have network tab open, sorry. I decided to ignore the stuck redirect and click on updates and I was told that I need to log in. So, I clicked the log-in and got a half log-in window. See image below. Under the same session (i.e. I didn't log-out and log back in) I went to the forums to see if I could log-in and I did, sort of.

Lately, on the forums, whenever I go to log-in, the page refreshes, but there is no visible sign that I logged-in. I still see the prompt to log in. I need to click a forum to get my avatar to show up. I don't know if its related or not.

from the screenshot it looks like there is some fuckery going on, you shouldnt be logged in at the same time as there being the sign in button

I can also see that you're using an ad blocker. Can you turn that off for the site and check back if that maybe solves your problem?

Dex-chan lover
from the screenshot it looks like there is some fuckery going on, you shouldnt be logged in at the same time as there being the sign in button

I can also see that you're using an ad blocker. Can you turn that off for the site and check back if that maybe solves your problem?

So far that is the first and only time that has happened. Like the OP, it may be sporadic.

Users who are viewing this thread