Lonely Professor and Robot Girl's Despair-Like Utopia - Vol. 2 Ch. 33 - Lonely Professor and Partings

Dex-chan lover
Masterpiece. Nothing less. Perfect blend pf comedy and sorrow. The author got mad range. Hope he/she do more manga after Frieren

This 1 of manga hit you with reality of life. The ending is very open ending (decide ur self)... I can speculated, if author itself on POV, the professor will die in middle way because, no human around him able survive, even his 'kouhai'(junior) High school... However, it NOT about ending it about the JOURNEY, that the author trying to send. Look the Professor is change through time with the robot, it very emotional...
As I said, That is Reality of Life.

Contributor
What is this? The chance of a happy ending??

Edit: lmao didn’t even realize it was the last chapter

Glad it ended like this, I would cry so fucking hard if he died and it's like 3am in the morning here.

I don't think he is dead after Chapter 17. If he was, the first page on Chapter 32 would make no sense. The question of whether or not he goes/makes it to NYC is a different story. I like how that is left ambiguous.

Oh shiiit Robot developed schizophrenia after the Professor is gone!

Jk, aside from that there are numerous inconsistencies in this manga (such as Robo's power), but eh you can leave the details behind I guess.

I'll give this manga a pass. The open-ending is not satisfying at all, but I guess it's really better than not giving it ending at all. I guess the author doesn't want to write a story about the Robo without anyone else to interact.

The open-ending is making my emotions all jumbled up. It was a nice story tho and my theory is that he actually didnt die, well not yet, but he didnt leave japan with her. In the end its all a guess :( came from sousou no frieren btw

Dex-chan lover
Not a fan of the open ending. My take is the professor died while planning but had a backup ai/hologram to guide Robo to the ship to get her to head to NY colony. The stutter is it losing range. Black haired girl is whoever contacted them from America.

Power Uploader
Tbh, did not like the end. It felt way too open and we have no idea if he stayed, if he is dead, or even if he got their what I doubt. Tbh one of the best ending that was not really open-ended but still in that idea was Girls' Last Tour. The two girls finished their journey to the top and just wanted to rest in the snow. We don't know if they got up and left to try again or what but their story ended there. This does not really feel like an end just maybe we will bring him back in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread