Looking for recommendations on mangas (Please read the content first, thank you!)

(I posted this in the wrong category before, sorry!)
I've been enjoying reading all sorts of translated mangas for a while but I've been having to dig even harder, so I'm now looking for some recommendations.

• Preferably not romance or if there is romance not being overly sexualized or focused on in a way that doesn't get in the way of the story.
  • Ongoing or Completed with a satisfying ending, preferably ongoing.
  • MC is non-humanoid or has a non-humanoid companion, I'm kind of tired of this to be completely honest, it isn't bad just a seen-it-before kind of feel, I also just like creatures like dogs, dragons (Sue me if you want), or sheep (Just random examples), just want to see a cute animal to lighten the day even if the novel is kind of dark.
Thank you in advance, I hope I'll be able to find some new ones as I've found most of the well-known ones.

Dex-chan lover
MC is non-humanoid
Depends a bit on how non-human you're looking for. Here's a few I can think of:

Animal protagonists who more or less think like animals

Main characters with monster/furry designs and characteristics
Not sure if those are exactly what you're looking for, but see if any catch your interest.

Depends a bit on how non-human you're looking for. Here's a few I can think of:

Animal protagonists who more or less think like animals

Main characters with monster/furry designs and characteristics
Not sure if those are exactly what you're looking for, but see if any catch your interest.
Thank you but it seems I failed to be more precise about what I was looking for, but I've taken a look and they do look good.

I would prefer a story not mostly about humanoids because there's already a lot of them and I've read a lot of them.

Sorry about that. :(

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Let us see, let us see! Sordidly most of what I read is based around humans. I could always suggest One Piece. But, you'd have to go to dingy sites to read it free.... Fist of the North Star is nice, but is technically a story of love in all it's meanings.
JOJO is Chaotic. Baki's First Half focuses on Love quite a bit, Akira is a dark one. Shadow Warrior and Sakon are a bit on the Nudie Side of Romance as they go along...
Wow, I've got nothing! You Know, I usually say I hate romance, but 90% of these and more of the manga I'm reading at the moment weekly have romance.
I'm one Contradictory Dink

Dex-chan lover
  • Doomsday with My Dog
  • Today's Walk
  • Ame to Kimi to

I'm more of a cat guy, so
  • Chi's Sweet Home
  • Old Man Who Reincarnated as a Cat
  • that cat manga with man-eating monster/alien, forgot the title, need to look it up a bit
  • Neko no Youna Nanika
  • Black Cat and Soldier (I don't really like this one actually)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread