Looking of a yuri manga with unusual pairing

Dex-chan lover
Is there is a yuri manga where the main couple is an otaku/nerd x ojou-sama pairing ? Most of them have a different pairing, like gyaru x otaku, delinquent x ojou-sama/class-pres or something like that, but i don't remind reading a manga with that kind of pairing.

Dex-chan lover
I'd say just a vanilla yuri is already "unusual pairing" by general standard
but sure

how "otaku" and how "ojou-sama" are you expecting?
like this?

what I mean is,
if we're talking about boys otaku, it is almost always depicted the same way: glasses, quiet, bookworm
but for girls, it is a bit different,

do you want the similar: glasses, braid, bookworm type?
or just a quiet nerdy type?
or the secretly fujoshi type?

the ojou-sama is also, do you want the school idol ojou-sama?
or the actual daughter of a rich family ojou-sama?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I only recall that pairing in particular in one or two one-shots if we're strictly talking about yuri, but I don't remember the anthology. If you simply want variety in the pairings, you can try Sunami series or Sorry, but I'm not into Yuri. If you want otaku + idol, pure, kuudere or tsundere yes, they exist, but otaku x ojou-sama is really scarce since none of them are proactive. There's also the type where the two of them are pure and get yurified by yuri books or the most cultured one tries to turn yuri the other one who acts high and mighty, but not to the point of Ojou-sama. Or the Ojou-sama targetting a commoner. On the other hand, if you want a fantasy setting, then I would consider MagicRevo and those about falling in love with the villainess but in particular the one from Nekotarou. In fantasy/isekai settings it's easier for the otaku main character to go after an ojou-sama or princess, but not in those without magic involved.
PS: I just remembered this one, it's otaku x moral comitee president, close but not exactly.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
do you want the similar: glasses, braid, bookworm type?
or just a quiet nerdy type?
or the secretly fujoshi type?

the ojou-sama is also, do you want the school idol ojou-sama?
or the actual daughter of a rich family ojou-sama?
Both types of nerdz/otaku are fine, but mostly the first two because they are introverted. And by Ojou-sama, i ideally mean an ojoudere : from a high-class family, well-mannered and ladylike, gentle and kind, with a very good education, good academic results, quite passive but sociable. In the manga you're citing, the fujoshi is fine, but the other girl is a popular school idol, which is technically not an oujou-sama.

And i've just remembered the existence of Tadokoro-san while looking at my library, which is a bit close of what i want, even if nikaido's baddassery is not really a part of the great ojoudere-power...

Dex-chan lover
Both types of nerdz/otaku are fine, but mostly the first two because they are introverted.
so basically what you're asking is the "quiet girl" x "ojou-sama"
doesn't necessarily to be "otaku"
because most of otaku girl characters depicted as very sociable on the outside, but total otaku in the inside

And by Ojou-sama, i ideally mean an ojoudere : from a high-class family, well-mannered and ladylike, gentle and kind, with a very good education, good academic results, quite passive but sociable. In the manga you're citing, the fujoshi is fine, but the other girl is a popular school idol, which is technically not an oujou-sama.
what I cite (Oshi no Bishoujo), the girl is not fujoshi,
fujoshi is more for girl who likes BL and stuff

and if we're going technicality, to me "ojou-sama" is just "young lady"
you know, when other people voluntarily put the girl in a higher pedestal

that's why to me "ojou-sama" character can be simply the proper lady type (yamato nadeshiko kind of thing), the queen type (or the jo'ou-sama) or the royal bratty type (the annoying ojou-sama, ringlets hair and all)
yes, one of those should be called "bishoujo" type or something else,
but usually it gets really complicated, so I just regard them within the same umbrella

if you look at Watashi ga Koibito, Mai is the actual ojou-sama from high-class family, but I'd say Ajisai also checks out as an Ojou-sama character,
Kafka is treated like a nobility, but she is still from normal family
this one is also kind of "quiet girl x ojou-sama", though very very different

Users who are viewing this thread