Love Agency - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - Personal Space

Dex-chan lover
Oh my Lord....I'm sorry but wtf, Mari why would you choose the person who cheated??

If my parents were together and my mom decided to cheat on him, I would not want to go with her, I'd lose respect for her and stay with my dad, clearly he would need his child in that moment, makes sense why he offed himself (I'm assuming that's the case), man lost 2 very important things in his life smh
Well, she's a child so many possible reasons including her just being naive. She could've been closer to her mom than the dad, didn't know the implications of cheating during that age.

She could've also been pressured / manipulated by her mom, telling lies against her dad.

Dex-chan lover
OK, this development is actually dark. Maria's passive and does exactly what other people expect of her because she doesn't want to take responsibility for huge mistakes. She never got to reconcile with her father because she chose her cheating mother over him.

That's why she doesn't have an identity. She can't craft her own, because that requires agency. That's why she needs the Love Agency in the first place. That's actually quite brilliant.

Pon never saw this coming, but now that he has formed a relationship with Maria, he can help Seki fix her. Seki saw that there was something deeper than Maria being fake to everyone. She doesn't feel genuine in the first place. I'm more excited for the next chapters now.

Oh my Lord....I'm sorry but wtf, Mari why would you choose the person who cheated??

If my parents were together and my mom decided to cheat on him, I would not want to go with her, I'd lose respect for her and stay with my dad, clearly he would need his child in that moment, makes sense why he offed himself (I'm assuming that's the case), man lost 2 very important things in his life smh
I agree on that. But I guess during her childhood, Mari didn't know what is cheating and if that is bad or not. She is younger and have to grow up to see the experience or have open-minded ideas why cheating is bad.

Dex-chan lover
Well, she's a child so many possible reasons including her just being naive. She could've been closer to her mom than the dad, didn't know the implications of cheating during that age.

She could've also been pressured / manipulated by her mom, telling lies against her dad.
Yeah, that's my thoughts as well. She was like eight at the time, and if someone demands that you choose, you're more likely to side with them if you don't have a strong will.

Best case scenario, her father isn't actually dead, and she was just told he is. But I doubt that.

That's actually quite brilliant.
It does make things come together in a more coherent way.

Fed-Kun's army
Now that we have Mari's side of things; and, how it ties into her needing the Love Agency's assistance for her relationship with Seki.

I wonder what Seki's character flaw is?

Dex-chan lover
So
After Kaguya ended we found out Miyuki was swedish, Kaguya cheated on him and his daughter abandoned him?
Wew boi, what a sad end to our Kaguya couple.....

Dex-chan lover
She may not have known at the time. Her mom may have just said "your dad or me" and she chose in that moment, finding out that her mom cheated later.

Dex-chan lover
I keep thinking "Okay, Seki is REALLY a good kid" and "Okay, Mari may have a few more issues than previously anticipated..."

Honestly, I'm not too huge a fan of Mari's personality right now, so if there were a twist where Seki ended up with involved with Mari's helper Kon, I might enjoy it, although, my feeling is that this manga will probably be a shorter and simpler romance between the two main leads (and maybe a subromance between Pon and Kon??).

Dex-chan lover
Why are both "love experts" highschoolers? How can they have the experience or time to study? I know it's a comedy but it stills requires suspension of disbelief that would be easier to swallow if they had at least made them university students

Dex-chan lover
On page 1 it says "Chapter 6 Strength Factor", when it should be chapter 8. Same with the chapter name on MD.
It's not a big deal but I thought I should point it out. Either way, thanks for the translation

Double-page supporter
Well, she has a point. He does seem easy to talk with. Inoffensive and attentive. Even if he got burned.

So that's what happened to her father. And her mother's cheated and gave her an ultimatum. I can see why that would affect her growing up. It makes a lot more sense than what we knew from the premise.

Not much happened, but a bunch of new information. Good enough.
I feel like these kinds of chapters are what is needed to pull away from the Kaguya 2.0 vibes. This pulls from Cirano de Bergerac, so Im really expecting mari to fall for counselor guy

Double-page supporter
Why are both "love experts" highschoolers? How can they have the experience or time to study? I know it's a comedy but it stills requires suspension of disbelief that would be easier to swallow if they had at least made them university students
So that you can have emerging overlapping love triangles.

Dex-chan lover
I read on a tl note of some manga, that NTR is encouraged in Japan

Oh jeez. Here I thought that her dad cheating was the reason she's cautious around men but then that next page had me saying "WTF!!??" Aka sensei really knows how to write a story & I was thinking this story would lean towards Kaguya but looks like Oshi no Ko might the direction. Thanks for the chapter.
It's tagged comedy, romance. Surely Aka will not betray us right ? Anyway it's far more interesting with some dark backstories like this.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh wtf, why would she go with the mother? That's just heartbreaking. Did the dad kill himself? It wasn't very concrete.

Also, that graph at the end is just terrible, Japan work culture really is messed up

Dex-chan lover
I feel like these kinds of chapters are what is needed to pull away from the Kaguya 2.0 vibes. This pulls from Cirano de Bergerac, so Im really expecting mari to fall for counselor guy
Yeah, a little bit. I usually don't prefer drama, but this can benefit from it.

If they're going for the Cyrano plot, I wonder if they'd go for the double. And hopefully they skip the same part a lot of people skip with Romeo and Juliet. The ending part.

Users who are viewing this thread