Love Agency - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - Personal Space

Dex-chan lover
10 dollars that the person Seki is referring to as the old friend is the fox helper Mari has

Double-page supporter
yeah, i think these 2 will be temporary, maybe 60-70 chapter and eventually focus on the protags only or maybe a new couple

Group Leader
On page 1 it says "Chapter 6 Strength Factor", when it should be chapter 8. Same with the chapter name on MD.
It's not a big deal but I thought I should point it out. Either way, thanks for the translation
yeah, it should say chapter 8, but the name is actually right, for some reason both chapters have the same name lol

Fed-Kun's army
Bruh wtf, why would she go with the mother? That's just heartbreaking. Did the dad kill himself? It wasn't very concrete.

Also, that graph at the end is just terrible, Japan work culture really is messed up
heya! translator for foxachu agency here, it was left unambiguous by mari on purpose. she kind of just spit our that her father died our of nowhere and gave us zero context on how he died, my speculation is suicide.

but who knows?

Dex-chan lover
... So no explications on why she chose the mother whom she knew was unfaithful. I know the answer is probably she was a child and chose kinda randomly but still in this context I feel like it's important (or did I not understand what she said and she meant her mother forced her to chose her?).
Manipulated. In real life divorce courts, often, the mother would manipulate the kids to even hate their own dads with thousands of lies to also testify against him in the court. Mom will get custody, along with that sweet juicy monthly child support money that's totally 100% going to be spent on the kids and not on yet-another-Hermes-branded handbag.

Fed-Kun's army
yeah, i think these 2 will be temporary, maybe 60-70 chapter and eventually focus on the protags only or maybe a new couple
I personally think the roles will switch, somehow seki and mari learn about kon and pon; and, help them out this time for an arc or two

Dex-chan lover
SORRY FOR DOUBTING YOU MARI'S DAD

Mari's past feels like an altered version of Kei; I bet Aka's using material he lost the energy to tackle in Kaguya.

Fed-Kun's army
SORRY FOR DOUBTING YOU MARI'S DAD

Mari's past feels like an altered version of Kei; I bet Aka's using material he lost the energy to tackle in Kaguya.
oh thats actually a really good speculation

Dex-chan lover
Aka's always been edgy, lol. Have you tried reading Instant Bullet? That had me legit convinced that side characters in Kaguya were expendable (like Hayasaka, for example).
yeah but this is supposed to be a sweet love story, we're only at ch8 and shits already happening

Dex-chan lover
yeah but this is supposed to be a sweet love story, we're only at ch8 and shits already happening
Anyone familiar with Aka's work should know better than assume that. There's also been quite a few hints that the "sweet love story" is actually a misdirection, plus Kon's backstory in chapter 3 tells us this isn't your typical light-hearted romcom.

Double-page supporter
Yeah, a little bit. I usually don't prefer drama, but this can benefit from it.

If they're going for the Cyrano plot, I wonder if they'd go for the double. And hopefully they skip the same part a lot of people skip with Romeo and Juliet. The ending part.
My best is we go full love square. Mari likes counselor boy likes counselor girl likes seki ( is that right? I'm ass with names). It definitely wouldnt work for a 100+ chapter manga, but something shorter in the 40-60 chapter range could be fun with it.

Double-page supporter
ngl the mc is insufferable only way i'd keep reading this is if they end up falling for each others' love agent

Fed-Kun's army
Why are both "love experts" highschoolers? How can they have the experience or time to study? I know it's a comedy but it stills requires suspension of disbelief that would be easier to swallow if they had at least made them university students
Only Pon is currently still enrolled in high school, if you remember from Chapter 3, we know that Kon dropped out of high school due to "certain circumstances".

Fed-Kun's army
Bruh wtf, why would she go with the mother? That's just heartbreaking. Did the dad kill himself? It wasn't very concrete.

Also, that graph at the end is just terrible, Japan work culture really is messed up
the vast majority of people in Japan who have experiences with infidelity list the work culture as the main reason

it is definitely messed up

Users who are viewing this thread