Love Agency - Vol. 2 Ch. 18 - Seize the fortune by the forelock.

Dex-chan lover
Nanto has more character development in 1 ch than whoever that 1st girl has ever been. Good for you Nanto 🙏🏻

Dex-chan lover
This dude is gretting creepy with possessiveness of his childhood friend.
Well yes, but he also acknowledged that his rival is a nice guy, and hasn't actually tried to coerce or discourage her childhood friend about pursuing her new found feelings

Instead he opted to try and work on what he is good at in an attempt of getting noticed

So while he does starts being possessive, he doesn't actually partakes of the most toxic and controlling aspects that come with it

More importantly he never imposed his feelings on her, and allowed her to grew at her own pace, which is something someone really possessive wouldn't have done

Dex-chan lover
Kid Nobuko is cute. Regular is also cute, but in a different way.

"No need to rush."
That's the hare racing against the tortoise. Actually racing is usually better than sitting on your ass.

"Normal people keep procrastinating and making excuses."
Like the guy you're talking to.

She looks like she's teasing when she says she'd wonder what she'd do.

Dating at 16, engaged at 24, children at 28. That's a bit of a slow burn.

At least he realises he's nice.

So it worked out for him. At least sorta.

Can we have Nobuko as the FMC? Please? Pretty please?
Are you saying she's somehow better than Mari? As in a person any sane person would actually want to date? What are you? Normal? :p

This dude is gretting creepy with possessiveness of his childhood friend.
I mean, he's not creepier than the average on these forums.

Dex-chan lover
We're seeing levels of BSS hitherto thought impossible with Nanto. Do you think he triggered a Reiwa romcom resurgence with his incredible NTR energy?

Anyways, Kaguyabachi.

God why is the MMC so likable and the Fmc so terrible?
To emphasize the fundamental issue with the FMC. Aka has a fixation on real love being different from how love is depicted in fiction. The idea that pure love doesn't exist, and trying to live by such expectations will lead to failure, is constantly repeated in Kaguya-sama.

Now, pay attention, In chapter 7, Mari is literally reading a "story of love" while thinking about how romance could change her life. Later on, in chapter 10, it's outright confirmed that she's seeking romance as a means to be saved, something common to fictional romance.

In short, she doesn't want romance, she wants to be fixed, and so her notion of romance is warped and detached from reality. That's why she's terrible.

Seki is probably so likable to emphasize how twisted Mari is. He's great in every way imaginable, but he's also the type of person commonly demonized in fiction. He's the "shallow scary popular guy". A common theme in Kaguya was also that outcast losers weren't actually better people than the popular crowd.

This chapter here is another deconstruction of that particular "loser's delusion".
If aka is self inserting here, he's self inserting as Nanto considering that apparently his favorite characters are Maki from kaguya, and kana from oshi no ko, pinnacle of self inflicted suffering.
I don't think he self-inserts as Maki, but actually Ishigami. There's a fundamental difference between them.

Maki is essentially a true example of the "pure love" Aka repeatedly says does not exist, to demonstrate why it fails in the real world. But it also makes her such a good person you can't really dislike her. Ishigami, on the other hand, is portrayed more like Nanto, taking a lot of pride in his purity but not really living up to it and actually being something of a pathological liar and coward who deludes even himself, as revealed clearly in his short story after the manga though noticeable before.

Ishigami also demonstrates that he thinks of romance in fictional story-like terms, waiting for a "perfect moment" that "exists in this kind of story" to confess to Miko, which is inherently an absurdity.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The most painful pains in this world is fighting against someone you knows a hundred times better than you whether it looks, personality, kindness, thoughtfulness, talents, and efforts.
Idk but I so damn well felt empathy with the light-haired guy, like even his thinking process of ‘I am a better person than him’ despite knowing zero shit about the man he is comparing himself with.

Also his reaction when he understood that the man whom he compared himself with—was much considerate, compassionate(kind) than him—that sensation when all your excuses is lost and you are faced with unavoidable truth…
I hate my inferiority complex overthinking this much over a ‘joke/filler’ chapters

Dex-chan lover
What even was the point of this chapter?

At best it was the random intro of a side character whose arc was completed in a single chapter, and at worst it was just badly-disguised MC wanking

Dex-chan lover
Can we have Nobuko as the FMC? Please? Pretty please?
I think instead of being the FMC make the NTR real.

I want the fatso to get on with foxachu.

Let Mar-whatever be alone with her mom, or maybe visit her father's grave in Sweden or something..

Users who are viewing this thread