Love Agency

Ahh. So it ended. Much qyicker than I wouldve thought. Though expected as much. started normally, no different from the thousands of other mangas, but I felt as if got quite interesting towards the end. Though, the last few chapters were really story dense compared to the rest of the manga.
Cheers to the team working on it. Ig

I tried reading this again and I just can't. The dude is just impossible to like and it makes me feel bad for the girl that the guy she likes is actually such a tool. If he was actually like what she was looking for but trying not to be that instead it'd be more enjoyable idk but he's just so unlikable. At least I tried but it's not my cup of tea everything but the MC is good but he just ruins the whole dish.
How far did you read? At some point it shows he's not an asshole and instead a decent/good person from what I remember. Though I could be mistaken, been a while since I read this thing.

Group Leader
How far did you read? At some point it shows he's not an asshole and instead a decent/good person from what I remember. Though I could be mistaken, been a while since I read this thing.
chapter 10 she finds out he's lying and is the opposite of what she thought he was but let's ignore all that despite making it clear that she hates that type of person. He's still an asshole to me for doing that to her since he knows her type. Shit is stalker esque. He's practically playing with her to get what he wants. Difference between him and her she changes to try and gain confidence and get friends or whatever. He does it because he wants to be her bf and dress her up. Also heard this was axed. Good MC was terrible.

chapter 10 she finds out he's lying and is the opposite of what she thought he was but let's ignore all that despite making it clear that she hates that type of person. He's still an asshole to me for doing that to her since he knows her type. Shit is stalker esque. He's practically playing with her to get what he wants. Difference between him and her she changes to try and gain confidence and get friends or whatever. He does it because he wants to be her bf and dress her up. Also heard this was axed. Good MC was terrible.
Did a quick skim of the first 12 chapters so I had some semblance of what I was talking about and yeah, he's characterised as very disingenuous and, I want to say lust driven? More so wanting the idea of her than her herself anyway. Though as the story goes on this aspect of him kinda dies out as he becomes more genuine, and his intentions more pure. The only issue is just how poorly his character comes across in the beginning. For some, he can be forgiven for it as he progresses as a person and decides to be more genuine, for others, he can't. And that's fair enough.
Actually, reading through ch12 again makes it seem like the author wanted him to come off as a misguided moron but whatever.
I don't remember too much about the girls motivations, but I'm pretty sure she wanted to change/become more confident so that she could have a boyfriend.
Regarding the blokes motivation, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with wanting to change for the better to be with someone. There's a difference between changing yourself so that the other person will be more likely to fuck you, and changing yourself to become worthy of standing next to the other person. The dress her up part I don't remember but I could have missed it.
Yes it was axed.
I'd say the MC was mid.

My dyslexic ass spent too much time on this. Sorry for bothering you on a manga you don't care for.

Haha, I know I'm late but seeing the majority of comments here being hate is funny asl. Personally, I thought it was a wholesome, sweet, diabetic story. Y'all can hate the manga all you want, it might be cliché, and follow tropes, but that's not the point lol, the point is to tell a sweet story develop the different characters, and show how their pasts change and affect them. You can't really get a romance/slice-of-life story to not follow tropes. The story was wholesome and sweet and I loved all the characters. For a relatively short manga, you start to love every character, From Mari and Seki, to the KonPon duo, and even Nobuko and the manga club. Initially, Seki might seem like a typical, malicious intended delinquent, but throughout the story, we see that he really is a kind guy, even if it doesn't seem like it. Never judge a book by its cover frfr. He starts at the beginning simply wanting to date Mari in order to use her, but later really does fall for her properly. Mari is a typical female lead, who has an emotionally abusive mother (the only character I hated), and has a tainted idea of what love is. She wants to pretty much become a Shoujo female protagonist, which makes sense, she wants a loyal, harmless partner, a stable relationship, but this story shows that love isn't just a shoujo story where the female lead gets saved by a prince in shining armour, love is bumpy. Kon and Pon were also really sweet, I didn't even realise the girl Pon was talking about at the beginning was Kon, until the scene where Pon was talking to Mari at the river. Kon was also cute, she had a bad past with boys, and also a family who treated her bad. Nobuko was also cute, and one of my favourite characters, I'm happy the series ended before we saw any confessions (Her heart would be broken if she confessed lol), but still, I hope she gets with the other guy, Nanta-kun.

Thanks to the team lol, I had great fun reading their afterwords and stories. I also find it funny how they say everyone enjoyed it except for MangaDex lol, I'm looking at the messages right now, it seems literally no-one has actually fully read the series. Still, I had fun reading this light-hearted rom-com, and it was a great story for me at least.

Users who are viewing this thread