Love at 14 - Vol. 11 Ch. 45

Why tf is a teacher threatening a kid like this?? I mean shiki shouldn't try to break up others, but she's a kid and she's trying to do her best, the nurse on the other hand is an adult and should be teaching her not threatening her?????????

Double-page supporter
Why are people calling the nurse evil? She's putting a snake in her place.
This is entirely true, Shiki has been rather slimy from the start when it comes to perusing her relationship. She cant get it through her thick skull that Kanata is straight and has been doing selfish things to try to get closer to her and push away Yoshikawa. She needed to be taught a lesson already.

Dex-chan lover
@roseate_cynic She did teach her. The previous day the nurse already told Shiki that her so called help is both unneeded and unnecessary, in absolutely clear terms. However, Shiki refused to listen to it and the very next day again tried to interfere. If Shiki's that obstinate, then surely she's also ready to face the whole truth, you know. It was her own choice, so she must live with it. It's not like the nurse would have been forcing Shiki to act like an adult, it was Shiki who insisted on interfering in adults' matters. Just being underage isn't a free pass to do whatever you want with other people's private lives.

Dex-chan lover
Some readers fail to see how their conclusions are affected (or effected!) by how these readers have framed the story.

Haijima (the nurse) has manipulated people. Shiki has tried to manipulate people. Haijima has now meta-manipulated the situation.

Haijima has her old flame Hirohana on a path of potential catastrophe. Shiki's latest attempt would have steered Hirohana away from that path, though plainly Shiki was simply trying to help Haijima.

@kaarme I don't think that the previous warning counts as teaching, it was also a threat, albeit more concealed. From shiki's perspective, she is doing things to try and make haijima happy. She's not completely selfish, she still helps her friend out to meet her boyfriend, she may want to get with her but she still tries to support her friend. However, she sees haijima in a similar situation, and in this case haijima's crush's crush IS HER STUDENT and would rather help haijima who has supported her. Haijima has never explained to her her own perspective, that she would rather let the music teacher be happy with someone else. So shiki just sees her being sad and suppressing her feelings and wants to help. She isn't even telling him to not date the music sensei, just not go on the trip so that the nurse and music teacher can spend time together.

Dex-chan lover
@roseate_cynic I'm just amazed that Shiki thought absolutely nothing of Haijima's first attempt to make her stop. It carried a kind of serious undertone as well ("keep your nose out of my business and concentrate on your own" is a somewhat brusque way of saying it). However, Shiki didn't care, and my guess is because she has a kind of dark mind herself. After the failure, the nurse had no choice but to tighten the screw. Shiki thinks Haijima is the same as she is, but that's nothing but her own view of things. Maybe Haijima could have convinced Shiki to drop interfering with less hostility, who knows, but I'd say we can deduce from Haijima's actions in this chapter that she thought Shiki crossed a line she shouldn't have crossed. If the nurse had already given up on catching Hinohara, but then some brat comes and tries to mess things up, it's easy to understand.

@Oeconomist
Haijima has her old flame Hirohana on a path of potential catastrophe. Shiki's latest attempt would have steered Hirohana away from that path, though plainly Shiki was simply trying to help Haijima.

Haijima has the delinquent, Nagai, on a path of redemption. Shiki's latest attempt would have steered Nagai away from that path, though plainly Shiki was simply trying to help Haijima.

What did you say about readers failing to see how their conclusions are affecting (or effecting) how these readers have framed the story?

Shiki :'( you innocent lamb. I mean I get that she's naively assuming that they were similar, but she's really getting herself into some complicated stuff.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
Haijima has the delinquent, Nagai, on a path of redemption.
You're leaving-out the word “potential”, which was advisedly in my expression of my own point. If Hirohana is even merely perceived to cross an ethical line, then any redemption is likely to be aborted.
What did you say about readers failing to see how their conclusions are affecting (or effecting) how these readers have framed the story?
Do yourself a favor by getting out of snark mode and staying out of it. I presented a few facts that some people weren't seeing because of their framing. Contrary to your presumption, you don't know what my ethical judgment is for any of these characters, because I didn't offer it.

Shiki always take herself as a victime, and have tendency to justify her dirty way to interfer with other's love affaire by that.

Users who are viewing this thread