Love Comedy Hero & the Princess of Darkness - Vol. 6 Ch. 41 - Hero And Don't Leave Me Alone

Dex-chan lover
An adult that couldn't grow up... seen that before, never ends well.

But we see the opposite, a child who is an adult, whose stuck in the body of a child.

You know, the Princess's behavior is actually somewhat understandable, given her trauma. Sure, it's still annoying as shit, but at the least, it would be annoying as fuck in real life as well, instead of it being some bullshit pulled from the magaka's ass. That aside, it's still not as good as it probably ought to be. It's just that it's the single good moment of characterization that's believable in this fucking mess, so it's given me whiplash. It's like having a single really good joke in an hilariously unfunny show. Sure, it's good, but given the series it's from, you don't find it as good, as you're simply tired from the rest of the shit you had to go through to end up at the one good moment. Hell, there's probably still some good moments from earlier on, but I didn't notice as I was too busy hating the type of shit this manga pulls. I'm only continuing on with this series cause I want to see at least some kind of conclusion, but I've already been hating this series from a while back. Eh, whatever.

Dex-chan lover
Ahh, the classic "I don't want to lose something so I'll burn it to the ground myself, that way it can't leave me through outside means and that will hurt me!" routine.

Only slightly outdone by the classic "I'm afraid of failing so I'll never try that way there's no way I can fail!" cliche.

SMDH "im destroying people yet i want you to still feel bad for me, im the real victim not the people im destroying hero, cant you see?"
A summary of that bull right there.

Also instead of going on childish tantrums and destructive rampages, how about she actually learn how to have an actual conversation first...

Freaken tsunderes man, this is why i can't stand many of them, not all but MANY.

@Tarkiyar So freaken True!! I cant stand those annoying misunderstandings in most stories especially romance ones. It really just feels like a lazy weak story tactic to push the relationship goal further away.
And i especially can't stand misunderstandings like this one that gets serious over some little crap, is easily clearable and lasts WAY too long.

Dex-chan lover
@Tarkiyar @SSJR2 did you guys even read the chapter? its not a misunderstanding, the only reason she wasnt invading was because she decided to try trusting hero would find a way for demons and humans to get along, but the more time she spent with them the more insecure and afraid she felt, after the recent event she realised she doesnt/can't trust him so went back to conquering the humans

Fed-Kun's army
@Forikorder, Man, I drop in on this story from time to time and the entire store has been misunderstanding after misunderstanding. Mostly because she's surrounded by female friends and he's surrounded by female friends so what did she expect would happen when she has trust issues and everytime she sees another female or male just being friendly, her words in this chapter, with the Hero she goes into a jealous fit? She admitted in this chapter that she's had trust issues with humans since whatever incident with her mother, but projects that onto the hero and all humans.

So it's a misunderstanding that she knows isn't a misunderstanding, that nothing happened, but she still takes it as a sign that something will happen, therefore still making it a misunderstanding on her part based on her trust issues.

In reality, she was already getting along with a human, but couldn't get over her own issues. The Hero had a problem setting boundaries with the other females, but that was the point of the story. The author is trying to drudge up drama to give the princess justification for her current behavior. She admits in this chapter that although she's starting a big fight, a war actually, she's doing it with the secret hopes that the hero will somehow magically know that's not what she intends and somehow will magically prove to her that she can trust him. Of course, the plot will force both some kind of way.

She's afraid that he will leave her for someone else, her words in this chapter, so in reality that's an internal issue that the princess has that the hero couldn't fix or reassure her about unless he ended his friendship with every other person in the world, because the princess said she got jealous even when men were friendly with him, again, her own words. So while the Hero is an idiot and can't set proper boundaries with other females and the trap, he can't really do anything about her trust issues since they are HER trust issues and she's the absolutely jealous or untrustworthy type.

To be fair to her tho, it's not like there aren't several females that do have feelings for the Hero and aren't trying to catch him. So her concerns aren't entirely unwarranted. Still, in reality, based on her words, even if that wasn't the case, she has a problem. I would be the friend to encourage him to leave this type of girl alone. Those trust issues will never go away unless, like I said, the hero has absolutely no relationships outside of her and even then she seems the type that the moment she gets it in her head that him just saying "hello" to someone one, maybe her assistant or something in the future, she'd develop in her head this entire scenario that the hero is cheating on her and is about to leave her.

In all honesty, this was better off as a true misunderstanding without the childhood trauma about her mother. Now, she comes off as someone who can't grow up and can't deal with her own internal trust issues despite the fact there are females after the hero. With that type of insecurity, she needs to spend time on her own, develop some relationships with humans and grow rather than stay closed-minded, but she was doing that and she couldn't get over her trust issues, soooooo....

Dex-chan lover
@Elroy79 i wouldnt say nothing, she told him multiple times not to keep inviting squatters into her home but he kept doing it and only asked for permission afterwards which she then felt pressured to grant because it would make her look mean for refusing, those squatters then treated it as his home and kept going to him with the problems so he stopped spending time with her that would only feed her fears that he would eventually leave her

you can write as long a post talking about her trust issues as you want, but they do exist and as long as they do theres no reason for her not to destroy the human kingdom

Fed-Kun's army
@Forikorder, I did say the Hero was part of the problem, but no matter what he did her trust issues would still get in the way, her own words here. Her trust issues are not a reason to try to destroy the human kingdom because we all know and she knows that she can't beat the hero so if he really wanted to, he could just defeat her and the demons and be over with it.

The point is that her trust issues don't absolve her of her actions and her immaturities. MC's idiocy doesn't absolve him of his actions nor his immaturity. Trying to justify the actions of either one of them misses the overall point of the core problem and I don't think her current actions will solve her core problem with her trust issues. All the Hero is going to try to do is pacify her and make her feel like she can trust him again, no different than the last few times so why would this time be any different. Also, the Princess could have easily kicked out the freeloaders and set her own boundaries as well which would've indicated some emotional maturity on her part and likely sent a better signal to the Hero. Instead, all parties involved set themselves up for everything that's happened.

And ultimately I blame the author for trying to turn a gag manga into a quasi-serious manga in almost a handful of chapters instead of actually letting the characters properly deal with the issue. The Hero's idiocy alone when it comes to setting boundaries after being the one that asked the Princess to "go out with him" should've told everyone how this story would continue to go.

Dex-chan lover
@Elroy79 well, you ASSUME she cant beat the hero, theres no way he could being himself to murder her and she knows that now so killing him isnt off the table, and we dont know what her power level is, she could actually be just a step below him and he would actually struggle against her even if he fought seriously (like being 9k~ power level to his 10k)

at the very least she could probably stall him long enough for the army to finish off the city

Fed-Kun's army
@Forikorder, for someone who asked other people if they read the story, you seem to have missed a lot of the Princess's own admissions. She, herself said on page 11 of chapter 41: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1226711/11, that the Hero is stronger than her. And if you continue to read from page 11 and pay attention, you'll see that she's not really being serious because she wants the Hero to magically figure out that she's not being serious and wants him to somehow magically magic away her trust issues in pages 12-13 despite telling him that if she breaks of with him, fights him, and tries to kill him then she won't have to lose him to someone else. Which is absolutely stupid logic and horrible communication. Also, you seemed to have missed the part where he easily beat up the demons and sent them away apologizing to him for attacking humans and also the part where his entourage is facing off against her entourage, all of which up until this point have been interacting with each other as friends, or at the very least, close acquaintances. The demons aren't just going to steamroll the city and in reality, the Princess is just throwing a giant tantrum without any real conviction about destroying the humans. Her tantrum is all about the Hero. So don't be surprised if this whole arc blows over and the story ends back up at the status quo. That harem tag isn't there just for show.

Dex-chan lover
@Elroy79 your the one forgetting back when they met Maopapa she was fully willing to go face to face with hero and was confident she would win now that she knew his weakness's, just because he could beat a couple foot soldiers easily doesnt mean he outclasses princess to the same extent and just because she admits hes stronger doesnt mean so strong shes incapable of challenging him

you'll see that she's not really being serious

im not sure how you came to that conclusion because it seems the exact opposite to me, she wants to burn it all to the ground and put it behind her

The demons aren't just going to steamroll the city

you seem to forget that the demons that hero beat, were in the city about to kill civilians, the city has already fallen to them, they are already at the stage where they can get troops inside to start killing people so Hero is on a very tight clock to convince princess to pull back

and yeah i think everyone knows this series wont end with Princess wiping out humanity, Hero's going to find the right things to say to convince her to stop and its all going to work out

Fed-Kun's army
@Forikorder,

your the one forgetting back when they met Maopapa she was fully willing to go face to face with hero and was confident she would win now that she knew his weakness's, just because he could beat a couple foot soldiers easily doesnt mean he outclasses princess to the same extent and just because she admits hes stronger doesnt mean so strong shes incapable of challenging him

Challenging and defeating are two different things. She may have put on airs of confidence during their initial meeting and kept up the front, but even in the original meeting, it showed she was worried about his power overshadowing hers and that's why she gave into his request to go on a date. And his weakness was seeing her in normal, attractive, clothes and looking cute for crying out loud. Did you pay attention? The only way for her to keep using his weakness against him in that capacity is to NOT do what she's doing right now since she's not using that weakness.

im not sure how you came to that conclusion because it seems the exact opposite to me, she wants to burn it all to the ground and put it behind her

I looked ahead. You'll see that she's not being serious. It's pretty obvious that she's not being serious if you'd have paid attention to her words in the final pages of this chapter. It's pretty evident that she's not serious anyway when you factor in the entire story. Each time she rejects him and tries to go back to world domination, she's never been serious. Heck, her father likes him and thinks trying to work things out is a good idea. Supposedly her mother thought the same way as the Hero. We've yet to discover what actually happened to her.

you seem to forget that the demons that hero beat, were in the city about to kill civilians, the city has already fallen to them, they are already at the stage where they can get troops inside to start killing people so Hero is on a very tight clock to convince princess to pull back

My point is that they can't defeat the Hero even if he was alone but then you have the Hero's party there too.
In the early chapters, the Hero took down all of her closest friends and generals with ease and he wasn't even trying to fight them. Then he faced off against her father whom the Princess and her sister are even still afraid of. He only took damage from him when the father brought up things he did with the Demon Princess that the Hero hadn't done and then their fight turned to one-upping each other about who did certain things with the Demon Princes. Before that, however, they were in a physical confrontation and the actual Demon King was surprised the Hero could take his blows. Again, you seem to forget several things about the story as a whole. I brought up him easily taking down the demons in the town because he saved the civilians already. The story doesn't have to show him saving all of the city for you to get the implication.

In their second meeting, the Hero easily saves the King from her while asking her to go out with him. When the Hero told her to look at his power level, the Princess was alarmed and saw his power level was 10,000 and immediately got worried that if she had to fight him then her dream of world domination would be over in an instant. Meaning she knew she'd lose the fight. This is all from chapter 1.

It's been pretty evident that the hero is leagues ahead of the Demon Princess in power. So right now the Princess is bluffing.

and yeah i think everyone knows this series wont end with Princess wiping out humanity, Hero's going to find the right things to say to convince her to stop and its all going to work out

This series isn't likely to end in a monogamous relationship, or at the very least, a stable monogamous relationship. If that were the case the Princess or Hero would've likely worked out some of their relationship problems long ago. The misunderstandings are likely to continue since, as I said, the Princess has females that are her friends that have caught feelings for the Hero and despite being loyal to the Princess, they still try to approach him. Again, the harem tag isn't there just for kicks and IMHO that's the whole problem with this story. The author should've either made it just between Hero and Princess and never brought other female characters into the mix and gave them feelings for the Hero or just let them lose to the Princess and send them away. The author chose to keep them around turning it into a harem.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@Elroy79
> And his weakness

i was referring to her in second volume not the first, by then she had opportunities to see him fight up close so could have discovered actual weaknesses, like how he would never bring himself to hurt her

>The story doesn't have to show him saving all of the city for you to get the implication.

the implication is that the city is only safe while the hero is in it plugging the leaks, as soon as he isnt in it (like right now) the citizens are in danger and he cant keep it up forever

>This is all from chapter 1.

yes, from before she had a chance to see the hero fight and got to know all about him

@Forikorder Yea im not gonna have some big debate with you like the other person lol, im just gonna post my reply to you that's it. Anyway I, of course, did read this and I get the reasoning whether its the misunderstanding or lost trust or back story; but to all of that it STILL doesn't justify what she's doing.

She's like a classic villain who just cause they have a sad back story and/or think their motives are righteous, they do horrible things acting like it's the right thing. No matter what, her evil actions aren't justified by any of that and every human shouldn't suffer for the bad deeds of a few.

My original comment was sarcastically saying what im saying now. I don't like how she is yearning for the hero's sympathy and pity when she is doing horrible things. Its like Thanos crying for help while hes trying to destroy half the universe lol.

Dex-chan lover
@SSJR2 i think i finally understand your perspective, you dont see this as her continuing a war she paused but starting a new one

Fed-Kun's army
Man I dropped this cuz the princess was being an annoying brat and it shall continue to be dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread