Love Letter - Oneshot

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, I get the general message this manga was trying to send; the kid will always love his mother, even if she abandons and leaves him to die. Well, at first she's not his mother, so he's really just infatuated with her.
But the thing is, this doesn't end on a note in which you can really sympathize with the mother. She's a criminal who left her own child to starve to death.
And you can't really sympathize with the son either, since you know, he's an idiot.
I guess this manga doesn't leave off on a bad or good note but just a sour one. It depicts a potentially real situation in life and real emotions said situation could produce.

Before I comment on the manga- that is some seriously good work on the redrawer's side for the first color page. It looks sooo gorgeous (≧▽≦) !!

I really like this oneshot. It's not as if I am pardoning the mom or anything - everyone, including me, agrees that what she did was horrible - but I really do hope her regret and guilt makes her see the wrong in what she did while she continues to live, not forgetting it yet moving towards getting her own happiness. We are not the judges for the mistakes we make, and we all make mistakes. The one to give her a chance is not us. I hope she would change for the better.

ohhh boy I have mixed feelings on one side I hate her actions but I can't bring myself to hate her, this is unconditional love because we see this in the pov of the kid

Fed-Kun's army
A ruffle for the applyants? One in two millions? Do the angels speak English incorrectly, or is it a lack of fluent PR?

Meh. Still won't forgive her for abandoning and killing her own child. I wished to see her suffer more often.

Supposed "free thinkers" thinking they're resisting mind control or something thinking this story is trying to get you to forgive the mom.

hint: It's not. Not really, at least.

Dex-chan lover
I respect the kid's love. It's the purest kind of love, one I wish I could give to others. I do not hate the mother. Every microcosm is a greater societal problem. If only society provided her with money to support her child, to support herself, without having to turn to prostitution. If only society provided a young girl with the sexual education or contraceptives. If only society had given her the help she needed before it came to this.

I feel just as much sorrow for the mother as I do the child. She loved her child but lacked adequate resources to care for them. Humans, for all their intelligence, are even worse than animals. Inflicting unimaginable cruelty on their own people just because they were unlucky in where they were born.

Users who are viewing this thread