Love Potion Brewing

Contributor
Sorry, I don't think I can read this.

While the art is decent, the main character is way too fucking dumb for my tastes.

He thinks she's a ghost, against a fuck ton of evidence, then he forgets she's a ghost.

Dex-chan lover
Is the original source for this in Chinese or Japanese? I honestly don't know. I first read it on comico.jp almost three years ago however Comico does sometimes publish translated Korean/Chinese stuff but they also have things that are originally in Japanese. Also the author doesn't appear to have published anything besides this story and his/her name (clearly a pseudonym) is ambiguous. There's not a lot to go on...

The TL is clearly using Chinese raws based on the names and it's just so jarring to me. The girl's name is Kagura Rei in the Japanese version.

Edit: OK I looked up the publication dates and the comico.tw version does appear to have come first so I guess that's correct.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
The Description is totally wrong this is about ghosts

Aggregator gang
She's not a Ghost nor a Witch, She's actually an SCP.

I hope the author won't overdo with mc's smooth antics and fmc's impudence.

in the middle pf isekai-booming-genre, something like this is good. a school life with secret-magic and romance

Group Leader
It started off really cute and then, only four chapters in and... violent school bullying. What the hell is up with that?

Group Leader
DROPPED. I got as far as halfway through chapter 12 and the annoying bully from chapter 11 returned and it looks as if he's become a permanent cast member, ruining the atmosphere. Too bad, the FL is cute.

Double-page supporter
A series ahead of it's time is what I want to say. But then adding that Chinese Drama sh*t ruined the story.
The Author made her one 'b*tch' for some reason... This was meant to be a fluffy cute rom-com yet you add things such as betrayal, make the classmates dark and distant.
And the MC just laughs it off ignoring the seriousness of the topic.. Then MC gets bullied too, like wtf your ruining your characters

It might get better, who knows? Well if this is less then 20 chapters don't expect anything.

It makes me really sad. This is some high-quality art and she could had been the mischiveious clumsy type but instead became the aggressive B for some reason? Idk why. Just bad writing. I strongly suggest the Author to read the old classics, there are a lot similar stories like this

I don't know why but when I'm reading this it gives me young Shoujo vibes. Like almost a children book-esque feeling. I'm not sure if it's the art and colours or the young and immature depiction of romance and school life but it's nostalgic nearly. It reminds me of a time long past.

I was worried when I read the comments and people were talking about bullying and violence but as I've caught up to the latest chapter I don't feel like there was any graphic violence or bullying. What I did see is your typical shoujo (especially older shoujo) bullying trope with the whole influential female student not letting anyone talk to the FL and one time where she kicks her but I've seen waaay worse bullying done so it was really vanilla. (I'm not saying that it doesn't count as bullying, I'm just comparing it to other shoujo works that also include such themes and that end up much darker. It is a pretty common trope with varying degrees and intensities)

Overall it kind of feels like it was written for a younger audience ( around 12-14+) at least for me since I remember reading stories like this at that age and fangirling. I think I'll continue to read this because it reminds me of when I first started reading romance manga and it's kind of cute and endearing.

Users who are viewing this thread