Love Quest for a Servant Girl - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Aggregator gang
@piapple Iirc, it's because Nina supposedly has a small amount of divine powers so the king wants her close, maybe to see what her powers can do or something. That, and he thought her interesting compared to what he is used to so of course he wants her nearby.

Dex-chan lover
How does taste testing even work
You take a bite out of one tomato and give the go ahead? What about all the other things? 1 out of 5 pears could be poisoned?
It could also just be a slow acting poison so the testing would be worthless to begin with

I am so glad this was picked up!
Poor Nina and Saint! I wish for them to be happy without risking Nina's neck!

@Kampfarsch Yes, I am thinking the poison test is kinda superficial here, I say that because I read a book (Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder) that is about the main protagonist turning into a poison tester and there is a whole training (to identify types of poison/people who can buy the poison, how to eat, tricks by smell, etc). It's pretty interesting stuff, thought it's just relevant in the first book of the series, but it's still a very good serie, so I would recommend reading 👍
They could go more about the poison and all, but from what I am seeing, it's just a position to show how helpless the characters are and justify why they run away in the original plot. Especially since we saw previously how Nina is resistant against venom too, to why they are not even worried about training her 🤔

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the chapter!!
I'm so curious about why the Saintess and the king like Nina so much..... I hope there is an actual reason besides her hair and eye color XD

Dex-chan lover
can't wait to see how this all developes seems like the maid who died so early had a lot of unwritten backstory!!

Awww, I really like the saintess... it's so sad how she's basically being kidnapped, held captive, and then r@ped by that jackass emperor/king...

Not liking how Nina is supporting Stockholm syndrome (well that's how I see the saintess' and king's relationship)

Fed-Kun's army
Anyone else have a feeling that the Saintess is a bad person. I think she did that whole "faking an injury, then healing it" on purpose. So she could have someone in the castle similar to the original Nina in the novel that someone would die for her.. I mean, the church itself is sketchy like most religion is used in these types of manga.. So, it's kind of unlikely that she's just your everyday innocent Saintess... However, I really hope she's as innocent as she seems.

the novel didnt mention about her heart condition cuz she died when she was 14 lol so there was no chance of knowing.

Also, all these talks about her being the child is making me nervous. I also want Seraphie to be the secret antagonist :)) no one mentioned about an antagonist yet too..

Fed-Kun's army
I have a crazy theory
Nina is probably the Saintess and the King's child (from the future maybe? because she had their hair and eyes
could be utter bs and far fetched tho coz the Saintess seems suspicious to me

Users who are viewing this thread