Love Score - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Moe and Yuuji

Dex-chan lover
Wow poor Moe, satisfied with a measly 39% and even thinking it's higher than what she expected. Though most of the relationship just seemed to be her blindly listening to senpai to please him.

But with the new girl with the super high % got me thinking, if one partner's app shows a high compatibility % does that mean the other partner's app will show the same % if they were to test it? And also would one be able to lie about some of their information and inadvertently end up getting a higher % than they would've normally gotten (if that is even possible)?

Dex-chan lover
I'm really digging this manga. Not just because of the characters (and the waifus heh heh) but also because the end always adds a new question/scenario that explores the concept of "determining your love life through an app" farther than before.

95% is an incredible score, but again, this is a percentage; there's also about a 5% chance it could also fail. And telling someone to their face that an app determined that they are a destined couple...I dunno, feels somewhat lacking. Just because someone is destined to be your soulmate doesn't mean you have to follow it, and perfection can be a two-edged sword.

@catbot158 Same. At the same time, the app itself and how it works is interesting. I'm curious if the app produces the same results regardless of who initiates it. Like if Kawasaki initiated the Love Score check with Oumi, would it still have been 95.3%? And what about facets of a person that aren't reflected in texts/pictures/data input for the app because they're not vocalized/externalized by the users? Things like internal thoughts and subconscious biases.

Seemed like it was lacking some tact on her part but that’s essentially what he was doing too; looking for the highest score to initiate a point of contact. At least she came out with it bluntly at the beginning rather than one of them bringing it up later like a secret. 95% is an amazingly high score but I wonder if they’ll feel like they’re settling if they do date since there’s room to get a perfect score with someone else technically lol

@catbot158 It's not 5% chance to fail, it's 5% incompatibility. However, we don't know where these two are incompatible and the next chapter might explore that. It'd be interesting to see how complete the analysis is, Is this 95% strictly better than the 78% Yuuji has with the other girl? Or is there a level of nuance in with that last 5% could be a dealbreaker rather than in the case of the first chapter where the 22% incompatibility was mostly marriage and didn't directly impact their normal relationship. Hopefully the next chapter explores that.

Fed-Kun's army
O1gXoHi.png

Dex-chan lover
I can't help but feel bad for Moe since you can tell she values her self worth pretty lowly & I agree what @Short_Circut pointed out that it is possible to exploit the system by falsifying some of the info to have a higher compatibility. It was a different POV but I wonder if it would have played out similar if Yuuji initiated the simulation. Either way I wonder if Oumi might have answered my concerns or they may not cover this subject just yet. Thanks for another chapter.

Dex-chan lover
That compatibility score hurt to see for some reason, even more so when she was perfectly fine with it. But it does seem like the relationship would be somewhat hard on her because of how much she doesn't want to disappoint him.

The 95% score seems pretty fishy. I do feel like the percentage can change depending on which of the couple uses the app, or what information is given to it.

Dex-chan lover
Now is where things get interesting
She asked him out just because the score was high, so what if someone fakes a score?
Of course, once the idea becomes popularized, people may check the scores from their end to verify, but initially, who would consider the possibility?

Then it gets spicier - people will start to develop an opinion on whether the app is bullshit or not when people begin using these arbitrary scores to determine whether they should date, especially those who break up with people they had a high compatibility score with.

I can imagine the story might go in a direction where MC dates her, they break up for some particular reason, maybe a secret on either of their ends that's a dealbreaker. Then MC realizes the app doesn't mean jack shit, but who else will believe him? By then there would probably be plenty of success stories with happy couples due to the app and everyone would be using it.

This is before we even consider the idea of sabotaging scores and analysis by baiting controversial discussions on social media, or even paying off the developers to change a score.

Fed-Kun's army
I love this manga cuz it makes you think, but also Yuuji is kinda a d*ck. Not a fan of our mc.

Users who are viewing this thread