Love Thy Neighbor - Ch. 38 - Chapter 38

Group Leader
if you are able to support the author on Bomtoon (or want to see the raws because you are curious whatever lol) please do!
Here a useful guide (you need proof that you are 19+): https://gist.github.com/quackerly/9f18f102c854aa2f239e05d19cdfc935

Also on lezhin: https://www.lezhinus.com/en/comic/loveneighbor

Thanks to Faust for proofreading and QC!
PS: currently fixing minor translation mistakes in older chapters. Chapters modified: 17, 28, 29.
Major translation mistake in chapter 29 - Jinju doesn't say "Maybe i do like you...", she says "What should i do with you..." (yeah idk what i was thinking that moment tbh)
For more info on the effective changes, please check the end notes of each chapter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

noooo they have jinju cornered and i dont think there is enough time to intervene...

though it seems like deoyons question got through to morae and rattled something deep in her so maybe she will change her tune and help?

Double-page supporter
Wow... the internet really wants me to hate cyclists, huh...
Major translation mistake in chapter 29 - Jinju doesn't say "Maybe i do like you...", she says "What should i do with you..." (yeah idk what i was thinking that moment tbh)
I don't think anyone here can blame you, you were thinking like us, I also would have prefer she said that... ¬¬
Thanks for all your work Jazkin, in this chapter and previous ones (and future ones, I hope... if we still have machines)

Dex-chan lover
It is very funny to me how Morae is doing all this to protect her family when it's like, yeah sure having people find out that their politician father has a daughter who is a lesbian and fucking a woman old enough to be her mother they'd get a pretty big scandal, but if people find out that this politician's other daughter helped human traffic a woman who the human traffickers then sold for organ parts will ruin his entire career and public life lmao.

Like Pah Doyeon says it herself too, one of these is not like the others.

Double-page supporter
i just wanted some love to blossom but i was wrong
1mpmui.jpg

Double-page supporter
So, have all the police gone extinct in this world after we saw Them like 30 chapters ago or what?
It's an organized crime story so they're powerless to stop the criminal organization I guess. The right people are paid off etc. I wouldn't be surprised if police played a role eventually, but you'd probably need strong evidence plus a trusted contact among the police.

The wealthy politician family might help here, as that's another group with the capacity to 'call in some favors'. It seems like the sister is about to end up on team Doyeon/Jinju ship and their interests could align if the criminals become an enemy of the family.

Feels like season 1 is going to end with Pah Doyeon getting back to her apartment and Jinju not being there.
At this point the kidnapping is starting to feel like a chekov's gun that's got to go off at some point. I almost want them to kidnap Jinju and get it over with, though I will accept it being deferred this time if Jinju does something suitably dramatic and impressive to avoid them. Jinju has been a little passive lately, so this would be a good chance to remind us what she can do.

Dex-chan lover
At this point the kidnapping is starting to feel like a chekov's gun that's got to go off at some point. I almost want them to kidnap Jinju and get it over with, though I will accept it being deferred this time if Jinju does something suitably dramatic and impressive to avoid them. Jinju has been a little passive lately, so this would be a good chance to remind us what she can do.
be lonely, cry a bit, and fuck really well?

Dex-chan lover
can someone send these human traffickers to the Soylent Green processing plant already, this plot point is super old now I feel.

Double-page supporter
be lonely, cry a bit, and fuck really well?
She was able to manage the minor enemies quite skillfully and was even labeled a "dangerous person" by the sister, so, even if she can't singlehandedly take down a criminal organization, we have seen she is able to do more than sitting around when she is motivated. She mostly just doesn't have much she cares about protecting other than her place of residence. Maybe Doyeon needs to be the one kidnapped to motivate her or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread