Love Thy Neighbor - Ch. 39 - Chapter 39

Group Leader
if you are able to support the author on Bomtoon (or want to see the raws because you are curious whatever lol) please do!
Here a useful guide (you need proof that you are 19+): https://gist.github.com/quackerly/9f18f102c854aa2f239e05d19cdfc935

Also on lezhin: https://www.lezhinus.com/en/comic/loveneighbor

Thanks to Faust for proofreading and QC, as always!
PS: again, sorry for the wait. Chapter 40 will be uploaded in a few days, marking season 1 end. The author is taking a 3 months break, so the series will probably start again around October.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure the loan sharks are responsible for this
The sister is the one who helped them set this up and called her out of the house. She directly and knowingly worked with them, knowing what they'd do. She already admitted this last chapter and we saw her set this up. They had no way of finding out where she was without the sister's help. And now she's put her actual sister in harm's way because those guys know the address.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was something lol it's filled with lots of emotions, esp with Doyoen's action, her hopelessness was expected, but the play out was more complex and intriguing. We know that she cares deeply about Jinju, but this chapter utterly convinced me that Doyoen won't gonna lay an eye on anyone else besides Jinju ever again

Dex-chan lover
The sister is the one who helped them set this up and called her out of the house. She directly and knowingly worked with them, knowing what they'd do. She already admitted this last chapter and we saw her set this up. They had no way of finding out where she was without the sister's help. And now she's put her actual sister in harm's way because those guys know the address.
never expect a mentally ill person to make a rational decision, they infer everything rather than assess the facts, she's just stupid from being mentally unwell and thought she could just preserve what family she has left doing this, a prime example of mental illness making weird drastic positions and thought leaps is...
I hope the sister gets killed so badly and if the loan sharks has had “fun” with Jinju, I hope the sister gets r*ped brutally before getting killed
whatever the heck logic a person would use to justify the rape and murder of a what? 17 year old?

Dex-chan lover
never expect a mentally ill person to make a rational decision, they infer everything rather than assess the facts, she's just stupid from being mentally unwell and thought she could just preserve what family she has left doing this, a prime example of mental illness making weird drastic positions and thought leaps is...

whatever the heck logic a person would use to justify the rape and murder of a what? 17 year old?
What makes you think she's mentally ill? Regardless, she's indeed the one who set this up, so it's not unreasonable for someone to blame her for her culpability. If Doyeon wanted and could provide the evidence, she could argue for her sister as an accomplice to murder (if Jinju were actually killed). I don't know that a "mental illness" defense would help her much in that case, given the facts (as you mentioned).

She's been nothing but terrible and about her thoughts on her actions, we've actually been in her mind, in which she's been coherent and has shown clear understanding of the consequences of her actions but also right and wrong. She's willingly sentenced someone to death and even in this chapter seems to care very little, instead only worrying about how Doyeon has the "audacity" to worry about a woman potentially being murdered. For her, it's Doyeon who is acting weird? That's the kind of woman this sister is.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

fuckkk noooo they were too lateeee crying in the club tonight

at least doyeons sister is offering to help search for jinju and looks to have realized just how much doyeon cares about and blames herself for everything thats happening to jinju...

Fed-Kun's army
She is the one that tried to make that happen to Jinju, so ofcourse she deserve the exact same thing happen to her as punishment
It would be better if she learned empathy and how to respect others and grow as a person so she could better contribute to society. What good is punishment if it just leads to another victim. Especially when the person in question is 17.

Double-page supporter
I see the neck scratch made a rather notorious come back. Now it seems clear Doyeon does this when she is (or thinks she is) being selfish:
First time: Ch.10 - While she was thinking she wasn't being a good unnie for Morae, which made her remember the kids at the orphanage for some reason.
Second time: Ch.11 - After kissing Jinju without her consent.
Third time: Ch.39 - While realizing that keeping Jinju at her house was selfish.
I know I said this a lot, but something MUST have happened at the orphanage, I guess we will have to wait for the next season to find out... maybe.
Thanks for your work Jazkin, I hope you are feeling well (。◕‿◕。)

Users who are viewing this thread