Lv2 kara Cheat datta Moto Yuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Hero Candidate

Power Uploader
@Doomer thats the problem, very little people consider the fact that people may read the series in the future, and some may be put off by lower quality translation or typesetting (not to say this series has that, but as reference) and very few scan groups care about the first chapters they release, when in actual fact, they're the most important, I would rather have a good start, and mellow end, then a shitty start and decent end, because if nobody wants to read the starting chapters, whos going to read the later ones?

scan groups only care about releasing the next chapter, and how much money & views it gets, and thats why more people should consider going back and improving their old releases.

edit: not to mention, the quality of a scan can heavily impact how well a series does.

much better translation, I just would like someone to keep the names like the translated webnovel/LN for once ;/ heh

Double-page supporter
@IAmInept

Well there's no need to "think what I want" I just believe my very own eyes :)

RAWs available on Overlap site is 1304x1854. Jai's C1 is 1087x1545, a bit downscaled.

Your C1 is 869x1236 - 30% smaller than original.

Halftones on original raws look acceptable. Jai's halftones look very good (seems that was reason for downscale). Your halftones look horrible! :/

Ok, no more bashing, sorry :) There's never good work without previous errors :) Keep it going!

Double-page supporter
@Doomer lol do complainers like you make a living out of it? If so please disregard my comment, but you would swear him redoing chapters even better than before is costing you something.

Power Uploader
@BzzBzz I used the original raws, I only slightly leveled them because the blacks... werent black, but I appreciate the criticism, thanks! :D

Contributor
the typesetting is indeed better though there are some blips of off centering and marginalization. quality comes with practice, keep it up.

Yeah, this chapter is overall much better than the first scanlation. There were much better flow and much smoother to read. Need more people who picks up old chapters to improve quality. So many who just read to know what's going to happen next and can't appreciate the story and art when it's properly scanlated. After having read more than 1000+ mangas I have come to better appreciate the art and story in its entirety so I feel to some extent uncomfortable reading when the translation and art is off. Even small details become clear as day. But this was quite well done so keep up to good work 😄

Although the typesetting is indeed better than the first but do not forget to take into account that it was only the third chapter of the person who uploaded it. Moreover, he did it alone. Also, comparing this translation with the original summary, I've noticed that you used a different name for the country. Why is that?

Aggregator gang
Always good when someone snipes

No joke, keep releasing more chapters!

Well as long as you don't go over the current scans, it should be ok, i guess.

And I think what's better is to merge work to the current scanlating group.

ah, i almost forgot.
https://open.spotify.com/track/1QFiwbN5mS7rkq2uUztTBn?si=n-uAVf_GTHmhRoJY4C2FoA

Dex-chan lover
i for one welcome this improvement in quality. agree that your version is more readable

Dex-chan lover
@satensho the funny thing with japanese is that you could be right AND wrong at translating certain words until the author officially clarifies (usually preferably thru a good official TL/proofie team) which of the translations are correct. so what fan TLers can do is to pick one that makes sense to them; in this case, "Clyrode". but do note that "Cryroad" is as viable a translation since it practically sounds the same in japanese (guessing that the romaji is "kurairodo"). same goes with "Cryrode" or "Clyroad"

TL;DR version: it just works

well compared to the other one it's way better quality. I still have to quibble about the typesetting tho in regards to many being off-center of the speech bubbles.

@IAmInept
Please, please, please!!! Continue working with your level of quality! Your version is WAY better and the lines flow that much more naturally. Or join the other group and replace their current...translator? Proofreader? Just something to better those words of theirs.

Anyway, thanks for releasing your version. Hoping you keep it up! 😀

Power Uploader
@Ringz Im not the translator, I only did the cleaning/redrawing & typeset, the translation and pr was done by my mate Rustik, but hes too busy now, and I cant obtain good quality ch2 raws, so unless I find them and a high quality translator, I wont be continuing this scan.

Users who are viewing this thread