Lv2 kara Cheat datta Moto Yuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - New Residents

Double-page supporter
So the Demon Lord became that annoying friend that shows up to crash on your couch.

Fed-Kun's army
06381e41c665d19d0f25fcbbac87718e.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Even tough they are "freeloading", it is still much better having some people you enjoy beeing around with than just living alone.
Of course this can only be done if you like MC here has too much money and or power to even use it on, this scenario is an ideal one for everyone in my opinion.

I think this is the most thoughtful conversation about human/demon reconciliation I've ever seen in one of these. Most manga would've just used her discomfort for dumb rom-com antics.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
You honestly can't even call the 4 adventurers freeloaders, really. I mean just look at what Fulio said himself, one is helping out with hunting(meat and materials), one is tending a garden(not quite a farm but close enough), and one is taking care of magic beasts(which are probably being used like farm animals). The only one who doesn't really seem to be providing an immediate benefit at the moment is the mage learning from Hiya, but that might show results at a later time.

Double-page supporter
@Kapow or even better- "we must kill eachother". But why? "Because we must!"/"Because it was always like that!"

Dex-chan lover
that's not a fair comparison by Fenris, someone following orders and someone giving those orders are completely different. Fenris was out there killing people because she was ordered too, ordered by the demon lord, all the slaughter and death of humans are because of him, he gave the order, he controlled the army, he is responsible. it is completely understandable that she would despise him and not want anything to do with him while still like you.

Fed-Kun's army
Then again MC can say smiling all that shit just because he has always been an outsider, and inhumanely strong, so in that sense he's being a hypocrite. He even would've been brutally murdered and eaten by his own wife, if he didn't have cheat abilities.

If his family and friends would've been slaughtered and murdered by demons in many generations, and maybe even had his village burned etc., him being traumatized by that war since childhood, and didn't have an easy life with demigod powers, I don't think he would be spouting all those cheesy words with a smile to his ears.

Also it feels very weird, even a plot hole like, when the only one w/ conflicted thoughts, and being scared of the demon lord is Barirossa, and not any of the other girls. I bet you wouldn't be able to find any human in that world with no grudges and despise towards demons, if the war is as big of a thing, and has been going as long as we've been told.

Seriously the more you think of this, the stupider MC looks like, and Barirossa seems like the only one with rational brain and thinking, considering what has been happening in the past.

I know author wants to have this W H O L E S O M E shit with them all being friendly under the same room and shit, but it feels very undeserved, and even very illogical. People don't forget the past and it's traumas/grudges that easily. Then again this is just fantasy, and real people don't act like this, since they aren't "people", but shallow characters acting almost like people.

Users who are viewing this thread