Machida-kun's World

This manga started off really strong for me, a full 10/10, but around the middle chapters (while still wholesome) it became a little too shounen-ish for my liking. Machida started to talk in ways that felt overly sweet and eloquent, falling into that shounen-style of writing. He went from letting actions speak louder than words, to speaking a whole bunch of words.

I think one of the things that threw me off in the later chapters was how Machida's self-deprecation just randomly disappeared for like 10 chapters, only to be reintroduced in the final volume. It was part of what made him highly relatable and likeable, and I do not think it was properly addressed for a large chunk of the middle of the manga.

(as someone mentioned below, I also wish that the story focused more on developing the relationship between the male and female MCs. Pacing wise I probably would have preferred a reduction in introducing new characters,and instead more focus on developing characters we have already met. But I guess that's the whole theme, "Machida's World" after all. The final chapter where a lot of character's pop back in for a single frame just tickled my itch to see more character development, and reminded me of what could have been.)

Regardless, I feel like Machida and Inohara were characterized so well in the beginning that it was easy to commit to reading this manga to the end. I left it with a final 9/10. Still a very, very strong manga.

P.S.: Also the hand fetish was kind of weird haha.

its a realy cute and good manga, tho it kinda loses its "OOOooo" facter near the middel. But its still worth reading, beacause the ending puls everything from the manga back thogether and makes it worth it.

all in all 9/10

Just finished reading this and while it was a fun read I dont really think it was anything special. If I had to give it a rating I would probably say its atleast a 6/10 for me, obviously this is just my personal opinion and everyones opinion is valid.

9/10 pretty wholesome and had a great message. Very fleshed out characters that were unique and interesting. However, it was a bit boring.

Fed-Kun's army
Sucha FEEL GOOD manga. It was also wholesome and somewhat therapeutic.

The MC heals social distress. And has made some good points I can relate to irl.

And as if that wasn’t already amazing. The romance between the leads is 11/10.

This has climbed to my top 10. I will be coming back to this for further self clarity.

I want to be like the MC lol

You know what? This might be one of the wholesome mangas that I've ever read. It has some great reflections and lessons in each chapters. I'm glad I read this before I die. Thank you for translating!! Also, thank you for the this wonderful manga!! T_T

This is the cure for regret
edit. just finished reading, please read this this the perfect fluff to emotions ratio. Machidaism/10

6/10 I found this boring and slow. Held my interest for 14 chapters then I just was too bored to keep reading.

Users who are viewing this thread