Machida-kun's World

Machida-kun is the person I aspire to be. If I were at least half the person that he is, I would be happy.

Machida makes me feel like I'm a trash human. Feels.

Yuki Andou’s “Machida-kun no Sekai” manga series will be receiving a movie adaptation. Also Final volume of award-winning manga shipped on Friday.

more here

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-05-24/world-of-machida-kun-manga-has-film-in-the-works/.131975

3 Chapters left guys. Man I'm gonna miss this once it finish

Dex-chan lover
what a nice sibling relationship portrayed in ch.24

and finally the confession!

This might be one of the most overrated stuff that i had (dis?)pleasure wasting time on. Mainly because my suspension of disbelief shattered after first two or three chapters. Everybody knows what happens to people like Machida in "real life" - they get bullied, extorted and taken advantage of (similar, but different case to "Yugami-kun", who would've had shit beaten out of on regular basis by his peers, probably since kindergarten).

And the reason behind Machida's perceived pureness? He has little to no personality, and that emptiness is creepy. He's perfect stoic (trope, not philosophy school, even if they may overlap heavily) with no passions whatsoever, accepting everything that comes his way. I understand that this manga is iyashikei, and if it does "heal" you in some aspect, or help you in bearing with hardships of everyday life, good for you, but those ratings and award nominations (!) seem like a joke made in poor taste.

Average at it's best, absolutely unbearable at it's worst (and i actually plowed through Yesterday wo Utatte - and liked it -_- ).

I disagree with what mikegnesium said. But, I appreciate it and not offense it that much.

I don't think it is overrated. It deserves it all : the award winning, the popularity.

This manga is all about kindness to begin with. There is no such thing like over-tragedy, how should you react, hate it or hold grudge against it. All of these cases are something that people must be reflected on and take a good look in it. And the most important thing is realize, think and feel it.

It was potrayed in a beautiful way too. He resolved it in a simple and proper manner. This is one of a kind and I like it to be different.

See..let's take a good look of the world from Machida'a perspective.

But I didn't mean it there is no critize for it, feels like it is "so perfect", " amazing" and bla bla. No, not something like that.
It is only, you should know that..this world need someone like Machida who take good care of everything around him. It is about humanity that most people lost it. This is small example how humanity is needed.

But it doesn't necessarily mean this is all about kindness entirely. It deals with individualism with many branching influences. And humanity is one of them.

So I don't think it is that bad or "wow this is too overrated". Maybe that reactions, I would prefer in many recycles series nowadays (not all of them) and didn't have charm at all instead they got many biased fans.

Not to mention, stands as Shoujo manga. Her (the author) struggle must be appreciated. If it is stands as Seinen and Josei, I bet it will fulfill your satisfy with its deep and complexity.

@mikegnesium
everybody? Isn't it just you? Or have you ever do the same thing as machida does? Logic aside, "pessimistic" seems to be your only point huh?

Users who are viewing this thread