Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 1 Ch. 12

Double-page supporter
she forgot about getting magical girl blood to unseal the curse huh

so the true about curse and magical girl blood will reveal soon that the way of comedy manga

Dex-chan lover
Her family can afford chicken breast, but ground beef is a luxury to her?
That seems so backwards. When both are on sale at my grocery store, lean ground beef goes for as little as 1/3 the cost per kilo of chicken breast. It's never MORE expensive.

Dex-chan lover
Her family can afford chicken breast, but ground beef is a luxury to her?
That seems so backwards. When both are on sale at my grocery store, lean ground beef goes for as little as 1/3 the cost per kilo of chicken breast. It's never MORE expensive.

I mean, are you currently living in Japan? Your anecdotal experiences with meat pricing are kind of irrelevant if you aren't talking about how it is in at least some part of Japan. Different places are going to have different supply and demand dynamics. Parts of the U.S. might be rocking some noticeable price differences on particular food items too, lot of land to cover. Distribution costs would vary.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, cheap chicken breast is cheaper than ground meat from where I usually get my groceries, so that sounds about right.

Also dang this is getting interesting, I actually am really digging the background lore of this series. Momo's life is really tugging at my heartstrings ;_;

Both of their lives are, actually. Fug ;_;

Just checked the website of a random Japanese supermarket, no clue if this is a normal price, but chicken breast (domestic) was available for ¥78/100g ($3.27/lb), 60% ground beef + 40% ground pork (imported) was ¥148/100g ($6.17/lb), and 100% ground beef (domestic) was ¥258/100g ($10.80/lb)

So unless that supermarket just has expensive beef, chicken (especially breast, thigh was ¥118/100g) is much cheaper than beef in Japan
Which kind of makes sense if you remember how inefficient cows are at making meat from food compared to chickens

Users who are viewing this thread