Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 4 Ch. 43 - Sparks Clash!? Light and Dark Joint Outing!

Double-page supporter
Holy shit! 2 chapters release?

I'm not ready for this....
but anyway thanks for this blessing works

KZO

Dex-chan lover
Mikan actually wanted Momo and Shamiko to come alone together, and Momo as expected can easily tell when a Shamiko is fake.

The fox form is super fluffy, despite everything, I bet Momo enjoyed that.

This chapter is just a blast. From how Riko genuinly likes Momo, but is not above tricking her for fun, to Shirozawa getting mixed up for a real tapir lol
I completely understand Momo's pain, but it's too funny for me to feel really bad for her... mostly. The tiger cub thing was a real cruel punch to the gut.

So we have Mikan saying it should have been a date with just Momo and Shamiko and we have Riko being dumbfounded by just how obsessed with Shamiko's every little detail Momo is. That's why I said she totally sees through Momo's crush haha
I guess fox form Riko is slightly more agreeable with Momo.

Riko's disguise wasn't actually that bad. The first time I read it I felt something was a bit off, but I could not have predicted the transformation. Shamiko was a bit direct, sure, but maybe she was just worried. Now that I re-read it, I realize that the fake Shamiko made the exact same hand pose that Riko does all the time. I think that was Ito's hint to the readers.

Momo really should have eaten those 800 leaves though. She didn't get any of the lunch after all.

Dex-chan lover
"I thought that if I tricked you, you'd have happily eaten these."

Thanks for the typesetting as always! I was preparing for a presentation, but this takes precedence. Since I'm in the mood, this one will be a lot more detailed. Hope these aren't too much bother, major context errors are bolded(There's only really one this time anyways).

Page 2, Strip 1, Panel 1:
In Lico's first bubble, "towards Momo-han" and "pure" are specifically mentioned in regards to "kindness", translated as "goodness of our hearts" in this case. A more literal translation would be, "We've come due to our pure kind hearts towards Momo-han", building off the translation would be, "We've come out of the pure goodness of our hearts, for Momo-han".

Panel 2:
"Please summarize this before the dam of my heart floods" may be a better translation. Momo uses Keigo, and "breaks and floods everything" may be a bit dramatic, since "before the dam of my heart becomes full" is used in Japanese

Panel 3:
"This is my kindness" would be more appropriately translated into "How kind I am!" or "I am so kind!".

Panel 4:
"I'll stop digging since it doesn't seem like I'll understand" may be better. It's kind of like a "I can keep digging, but I most likely won't understand anyways". This is nothing important, I just feel like it might fit better.

Page 3, Strip 1, Panel 2:
"I knew it. Would it have been better for the two of you to come alone?", referring to Momo and Shamiko. Mikan, like most everyone else, can pretty much tell they're gay.

Strip 2, Panel 4:
The "ne?" at the end of Japanese sentences are always kind of weird to translate, but I think just adding a ", huh?" or a "will we" in this case makes it sound better. So, "We'll never understand each other, will we?", or the like, could flow a bit better.

Page 4, Strip 1, Panel 2:
This is just a case of very awkward literal translation. "However, it is okay to touch me" doesn't sound like something that occurs in everyday speech. Depending on the context this line can either be translated as "although it is fine to pet me..." or "It's fine to pet me, but..." Since there's a sentence beforehand, the first is probably the intended.

Page 5, Strip 2, Panel 3:
I feel like "ano!" being translated to "hey!" is somewhat strange". Maybe a "umm" or a "uhh" or a "say..." or something like those. Also, Shamiko addresses Momo as just "Momo" almost everytime(although this isn't the real one), this one is also just "I want to get closer to Momo", without the "you".

Page 8, Strip 2, Panel 1:
Shamiko remembers the goal. "Come to think of it, Momo. Is your other goal fine?", is what a literal translation would look like. Combining that with the current translation would be, "Come to think of it, Momo. What about the other thing you came to do?".

Edit: Spacing & some incorrect index

Poor Momo, she couldn't pet the tiger cubs. She got a consolation fox instead.

Mikan seems to be the most supportive about Momo and Shamiko. Lico on the other hand... yeah, that one is hard to predict.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/755554/1
Momo is very scary when he gets angry.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/755554/2
The second panel is a perfect example of how selfish Momo can be. She saw that Shirozawa (an old man who had had two accidents recently) was suffering from his injury and instead of trying to help him (as Mikan and Shamiko did), she decided to take advantage of that to try to get rid of him and Lico. That is a feature of Momo that I like a lot. how, even though she genuinely has a good heart and cares about other people (quite heroic qualities, as expected of a magical girl), she is able to give priority to her own desires When she wants something. Show that prioritizing your goals does not necessarily make you someone evil and in turn, that being good does not mean you cannot be selfish.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/755554/3
So, based on what Mikan said, should I assume that Momo only invited her in the first place because she didn't want to admit that she wanted to be alone with Shamiko? Yes, it sounds like something a tsundere would do.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/755554/4
Wait. Are you telling me that everyone heard it before and didn't ask anything about it until after who knows how long? Good, Why everyone in this manga is so dumb? 😅.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/755554/5
I found another clue! "Shamiko" asks Momo about her dreams for the future, but in the chapter 41, Momo had already told her that she had no plans for the future.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/755554/6
Girl, you have to stop listening Homura. The mere fact that you have managed to disturb Lico should be enough for you to realize that you are passing the line ...
Leaving that aside. Am I the only one who saw Momo somewhat sad when she said "Shamiko wouldn't be so straitght foward with me"?
https://mangadex.org/chapter/755554/8
The "Don’t think this means you’ve won" of Momo are the best. Lesson of the day, don't distrust people care about you or never come in contact with tiger cubs.

Want another clue for the fake Shamiko? There was no hyper tail when firing rapid questions... When the real one is that excited there's no way the tail remains passive.

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't the last panel read something like "Hang in there Momo! Become a magical girl that can pet her cub." ?

Dex-chan lover
Lico is definitely demonkind. lol

Also, Momo said Shamiko's catchphrase!! Truly falling to darkness aren't we hhmm??

Users who are viewing this thread