Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 4 Ch. 44 - Black Emotions!! Darkness Peach Special!!

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt Romaji isn't technically part of the Japanese language so there isn't a wrong way to write it per se . Both "Lico" and "Riko" are correct. The author has a preferred romanization for her, so I use it. There's no reason @BugDemon can't prefer or insist on using the more standard romanization of those kana.

These two chapters were a wild ride and thanks to both groups (a new challenger?!) for bringing it to us!

@SpottedPanzer
Mad props for using Mikan's special attack for the group name. Gotta continue the tradition.
The real question is what a potential 4th group will name itself?

@BugDemon
It wasn't my idea lol, it was romnia's!
Possibly another group could be called Sakuramento Cannon, or maybe even "Intramuscular Needle Energy Ball" heh

Ok so just how many scanalation groups are translation this manga? Not complaining just wondering.

Also Momo is bordering on going from cute jealous girlfriend to cute but scary passive aggresive girlfriend that can easily destroy anything in her path.

@harryno5

Right now there are 3 different groups working on it! Usually alternating chapters! We wanted to join in so that we could have faster machikado. There is still a whole volume and then some to catch up on if we want to be caught up to japan! :3

Aggregator gang
Lico crashing their date was so substantial we had to fix Momo's mood within two chapters.

Again, all major errors are bolded, the rest are mostly awkward translations and such. Thanks for doing these. Typing this out took way longer than it should have. Things are a bit harder this time around, so feel free to inform me if something is off.

In general:
I do remember someone complaining that "medium dolls" are kind of confusing in previous chapters, so the typesetters settled on something else. It might be better to make that uniform or something.
These don't include strip titles.

Page 2, Strip 1, Panel 1:
"There was this loud noise and bright flash that even reached my room" would be the less wordy translation. Also, while Shamiko's house is basically the size of a room, she does mention "room" instead of "house".

Panel 2:
"I seem to have turned into my fallen form" would be better, since she didn't mention it being an accident, and "っぽい" indicates uncertainty. Shamiko replying, "Why?" also doesn't really make sense if "accident" is mentioned. "Nanka..." is what's in the first bubble in original text, but that can basically be translated into anything since it kind of acts as a filler word in this case.

Panel 3:
"I couldn't go back to normal all of a sudden!" is, in Japanese, "I also can't turn back into my original form". Combining the two, "I couldn't go back to normal, either." may be a better translation.

Page 3, Strip 1, Panel 1:
Shamiko's speech pattern has been quite consistantly polite, so "I...I guess that's true" is probably better. "But I don't want to see that scene regularly" is the literal translation for the bottom bubble, and it fits pretty well as a translation this time around. Replace "regularly" with a synonym if it seems off.

Strip 2, Panel 4:
This one is quite difficult to translate, but Mikan never mentioned herself. The Japanese goes something like, "From this early in the morning, what's this?", which, as you can tell, is super awkward in English. (Original: "Asappara kara nannano mo—!!") I guess it's better translated as, "What's going on this early in the morning!".

Page 4, Strip 1, Panel 2:
"I did intend to give it my all and blast you with all my heart, but......", "...Besides," is probably the translation I'd make. "ぶっぱなし” doesn't really have a English translation, and is usually the motion of destroying something with a barrage of fire(as in artillery fire), I just decided to use "blast" in this case, change if needed. Also, the word "intend" could be important in regards to Mikan's character. The fact the she mentioned that it was what she "intended", but decided to cut off her sentence midway probably means she didn't actually do it.

Panel 3:
This is one of the most troublesome panels regarding Mikan's speech pattern to translate. After considering for quite a while, "Please consider the feelings of a girl who has to barrage her friend with arrows right after getting up! This is the worst thing to wake up to!" would be the translation I'd make for the first bubble.
"よくってよ!!”, her second bubble, is a common phrase among middle to upper -class schoolgirls in the Meiji period(1868 ~ 1912), and I have a pretty hard time figuring what to make of its meaning. According to an online dictionary, it was used as a gesture of agreement, but also when someone says something untimely while you're sulking, as a passive aggressive "Sure, just do what you like". It'll probably be the latter if we take the context into consideration. If anyone has anything else to suggest, please do!

Strip 2, Panel 2:
For the second part of the second bubble, "If strange things are already happening, then don't get your hopes up". I think what Lico means is, since her medicine takes a while to take effect, it's a bit late to ingest it after the effects of her unstable core are already occurring. Kind of like vaccinating after you're already infected.

Strip 2, Panel 3:
Right after difficult Mikan dialogue there's difficult Lico dialogue. Building off the context, Lico's first bubble is most like likely saying, "Relax~Just come down. After all, it's no more than a preventative measure for accidents~", then "Are you sulking?" for the next bubble. It's a bit awkward, but it seems that Lico's trying to get Momo to calm down while informing her that medicines won't work and that she's going to die.

Strip 2, Panel 4:
"It...It's alright! It's too late even if you drink it there right now!! Momo-han did nothing wrong by not drinking it!!" is what she says for her first bubble.

Page 5, Strip 1, Panel 1:
Lilith: "Why not ask Ogura Sion about this? If it's her, she might be able to come up with some good solutions". "If it's her" can be removed to improve sentence flow.

Panel 3:
Gramatical mistake: "means of communication".

Strip 2, Panel 4:
"Shamiko...The questionable points are overshadowed by feelings of gratitude, huh...".

Strip 2, Panel 2:
"Therefore...If you can deal with your recent negative emotions and cheer yourself up" would be a better translation of the first bubble.

Page 7, Strip 1, Panel 2:
What Lilith said would be more appropriately translated to, "Great embarrassment is what makes life!", or "Life isn't life without great embarrassment!"

Panel 3:
This is not technically wrong. No subject is mentioned in Japanese, so Momo could be referring to either herself or Shamiko, or both.

Panel 4:
"I'm a petty and boring human". Not that it changes much, really, but I feel the wittiness of the translation is a bit strange considering her current mood.

Strip 2, Panel 4:
"I don't want to hand this to her", she specifically mentions not wanting to.

Page 8, Strip 1, Panel 1:
"This looks like a good, Shamiko-like lunch box", Momo's nicer in original text.

Strip 2, Panel 1:
"I'm back...", "That's great!". Momo's usual tone and Sion being somewhat apathetic-congratulatory.

Panel 2:
"It might be better to sort out your chaotic feelings as soon as possible in the future". The third bubble is literally just Momo saying, "Eh...".

Panel 3:
"But your body will probably remain suspectable to falling to darkness", "If you happen to fall to darkness once again, let me get some data again, okay?". The translator seemed to think this was too long to fit, so used the bubble from the previous panel to fit. It probably isn't

Edit: Mistake on my end pointed out thanks to @MemoryIris.

@Stilla

The Dark Clan's work is a labor of love. The more typesetters, the better!
Especially since it looks like one is stepping down for the time being, so your efforts are more than welcome.

Momo was so cute this chapter.

I'm kinda impressed that within the big emergency Momo and Shamiko still managed to flirt, a lot.

Seems like Momo will need to take Lico's medicine... However hard it would normally be to trust her with how she acts...

BTW, I thought ppl were overplaying Shamiko's tummy obsession, but this chapter cleared that. XD

The solution was for Momo to be gay with Shamiko. I love it. And lol, Shamiko has an obsession with Momo's tummy.

In all honesty I'm glad they referenced last chapter. The date with Shamiko didn't go very well at all it was natural that she would have been very displeased, so I'm glad the author touched that point.

@rurikuchan I mean this manga is clearly Shoujo ai imho but apparently some people on Manga Dex are still in denial. And tbh at this point shamimomo is easily the main appeal of this manga. :p Not sure why else you'd be reading this. Lol

Also from what I've heard the rest of the manga just keeps getting gayer and gayer. And it's already been getting gayer and gayer.

Pretty sure the plot is there purely to fuel their relationship.

@Stilla
I agree. Though I would rather say that this is a romance, with the development of their relationship being in fact the central plot.

... If it wasn't gay I would instead say it's friendship/coming of age, being two friends helping each other grow up and find their way. But alas it is gay as hell.

@rurikuchan
@Stilla
I know it's pedantic and all, but please don't call it Shoujo Ai. It's Yuri. Mangadex actually has a Yuri tag, so please let us all actually make use of the correct term.
Thankies.

Users who are viewing this thread