Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 4 Ch. 50 - The Battle Within the Dreamscape!! Unleash the Legendary Weapon!!

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
@gpot97 So I see you basically took all our hard work and just said "fuck you".

Why are you re-inventing the wheel? We already did most of the work. All it might need is some TLC in spots. Did you ever stop to think "Oh, there are actually people who did this and not some nebulous glob called "Anonymous". I know I spent hours on it and I know the Shamilator did, too. Sure some of the lines weren't the best, but those could've been changed. I think I now see why The Shamilator disappeared and I can't blame him, actually. It wasn't very nice of you guys. Hell, we only got to chapter 56. All you had to do is pay lip service up until then and then you could have all the e-peen or whatever.

Nobody's pissed at you guys for typesetting it, but it was kind of a shitty thing to tell us "Oh, btw, we threw all your translations, etc in the rubbish bin. We're better at this anyway." But hey. It's just "Anonymous". It's just nobody, so everything's okay. I just wish you'd have thought about it before you went off on your own. Yeah, it's not really "sniping", so that's not why I'm kinda miffed, but you could've just kept a "thanks, /a/" or someshit in the credits (even if you didn't use most of what we had) and it wouldn't have left such a bad taste in our mouths. I love the comic, so I'll keep reading it, but remember in the future to treat people better. It was kind of a shitty thing to do. I'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't have liked it if the roles were reversed and if you guys had done hours of hard work just for some upstart group to say "Nah, we know what we're doing better, even though this is our first project so we're binning all the work you did. So long and thanks for all the fish!".

Shamilator is busy with work. He was already gone long before Sunrise Arrow even appeared and he never would have given a crap. He was actually very adamant about how bad his translations were and that he only did it with as little effort as he could, because it was a lot of work. Please don't make up causations where there aren't any.
I don't even get this logic.... Sunrise Arrow is doing it from the ground up, so their effort is equal to /a/s. Imagine a group who never even knew there were translations on /a/ did the same thing, would you be overreacting the same way? Nobody is forced to use any previous work. If someone wants to use the predone compiled work, they are free to do it, you know? There is nothing stopping Toki wa kita or Fresh Peach Heart Shower after all. And if someone else prefers to have a clean slate instead that's just as good.

Why do people always have to take everything as a personal attack?

Dex-chan lover
I hope that all of you who work on the English language versions of this series know that most of its readers are abjectly, grovelingly grateful for what you're doing.

No matter who's doing what in getting it done, this series is virtually lifeblood for a lot of us and we're completely aware that it's an immense of hard work done for free.

So amid the disagreements about translation, typesetting, etc., keep in mind that we readers deeply appreciate those things. In fact, I sometimes worry that you'll wake up and decide that getting paid for something is a better use of your time.

Seriously, I don't care who does it, as long as it gets done with the effort and love it deserves. I have nothing but the utmost appreciation and respect for everyone's who's put their time and energy into translating and typesetting this.

Yeah so @Ichigo69 here's the thing. We would have loved to keep using the translations done by /a/. In theory your efforts would have saved us a lot of time. However, the fact of the matter is that, well, they simply didn't. Our translators found them so difficult to work with that it was actually easier to just re-translate the whole thing than proof what was already there. Don't think that this means your efforts are being "thrown out" or anything. The readers who chose to read through the dialogues you put up were still able to learn of the story early, and that's something that can't be taken away. However, when our options here are to either use a TL that gets us a wall of comments with corrections and take a mountain of edits from the get go, or to do it ourselves with people we know are fluent, the option was clear.

Users who are viewing this thread