Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 4 Ch. 51 - Coming to Light! The Truth Behind the Tangerine Colored Curse

@BugDemon
Anri is like a game support character that always appears when needed... Though so far it was only for Shamiko, I guess Mikan needs her more.

Ogura is a bit like that... except she is a stalker so her appearance is less mystical... (- Oh, you were there? - Yes, always.)

Dex-chan lover
@KZO that's really niiiiiiiiice

Shamiko sleeping with her eyes open is too funny for me, like she was knockout instead

Group Leader
@thofheinz

I mean, Shamiko is always sneaking a tummy rub whenever she can, you can't blame Momo for wanting to sneak something from her wife Shamiko.

@ascendedLight
Nah, Kirara seems to be a brand within the Machikado world. They made things including: the refrigerator that Seiko wanted, the hot plate she used to make okonomiyaki, and even Ogura's drill.
So, it's probably more like a Galaxy, really.

@Evron
Ogura is the deus ex machina button. For now she has no real agency of her own aside from liking to experiment. Nobody even questioned yet how she got all of Sakura's notes...

@Psyme
Kirara makes pretty much everything in the MachiMazo verse. It's actually terrifying. They must be the biggest conglomerate in the world.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/775923/1
(First left panel)
Oh God! Shamiko's tail is surrounding Momo!! That's so cute!!!... or it would be if Shamiko didn't have the face of someone who just suffered a stroke 😅.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/775923/3
(Last left panel)
And Mikan said that Shamiko's sense of fear was wrong, just because she considered Momo more frightening than C-Chan. I am sure that everyone, or the majority, agree that it is more scary that someone looks at you like that, over of find you with a cockroach (excluding people with entomophobia).

https://mangadex.org/chapter/775923/4
(Last right panel)
D-Damn. I need my insulin!
(Third left panel)
 So since childhood Momo put those faces of potential serial killer when she got angry...
On a separate note, I think Shamiko would really like to see those images of little Momo doing cosplay.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/775923/6
(Last right panel)
I love how embarrassed Momo gets by admitting that Shamiko is her boss.
(First left panel)
It's good to see how Momo never wanted to hurt Ugallu even though she wanted to resolve things by force. She actually is very pure in the depth of her heart.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/775923/7
Dependable, indeed.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/775923/8
(Last right panel)
Poor Momo. Seriously, is bullying your friends a common practice in the Machikadoverse? What the hell!?

(Last left panel)
Joshua's line caught my attention. "Demons". In plural. Shamiko is a demon but, what about the rest? Lillith was not present. Anri either. Mikan is a magical girl... Did he was talking about Momo? Does that mean that Momo is cataloged as a demon in her fallen form?... maybe I am overthinking this. Maybe he called "demons" both to Momo and Mikan because they are the "employees" of Shamiko. Even so, I would like Ito to give more information about the implications that has being the vassal of a demon in Machikado's universe.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/775923/9
Momo! Call the police!! Mikan is abusing a small girl again!!!😨

We don't know if Kirara is mostly just used by Tama residents. It's basically just the avoid product placement with a joke company, so probably has no real impact on the story at any point. But, it would be funny if the reason Sakura was so rich was because she owned Kirara or something.

@Reiba1925
I had the same thought about Joshua's Demons comments. I assume he is just considering all of Shamiko's allies as demons.

@BugDemon
"Lilith, as usual, is useless"
Give Lillith a little more credit. If not for her instructions, Anri would never have known how to help. In fact, if Lillith had not explained the situation to Anri, she would probably have woken up the girls, and that would be Game Over.

Now that I think about it… Someone know if Shimiko, Lilith, Momo or Mikan made any reference to the Kirara brand when they met Kirara in KF?

Dex-chan lover
@Reiba1925 -

"Joshua's line caught my attention. "Demons". In plural. Shamiko is a demon but, what about the rest? Lillith was not present. Anri either. Mikan is a magical girl... Did he was talking about Momo? Does that mean that Momo is cataloged as a demon in her fallen form?... maybe I am overthinking this. Maybe he called "demons" both to Momo and Mikan because they are the "employees" of Shamiko. Even so, I would like Ito to give more information about the implications that has being the vassal of a demon in Machikado's universe."

I think that for Joshua, "demons" by this time is like "good guys" or "friends" or "neighbors". If you are on the right side and working toward something good, beside his demon daughter, you're a demon. Sort of like if we see people working on the side of goodness, we might call them angels. He's called Momo a demon before, too, and it came across to me as an affectionate familial term, like "daughter in law."

Also:

Where has it been clearly stated that Anri is a demon, other than the implication of her Luciferian last name? I always assumed she knew that the demon restaurant was there because her family supplies meat to various places.

@thofheinz
It has never been stated anywhere that Anri is anything but human. As you said, she knew cafe Asura because they work in the same district as her family. It's just a joke in the community based on her name, just like Ogura and Azazel sensei also have demonic names.
If anything the more we learn about Anri the less likely it seems she is a demon. She has the most human reactions out of any cast member most of the time.

@Reiba1925
A glorified receptionist. After all her boasting and teasing to Momo she was completely useless. lol

@thofheinz
I never said that Anri was a demon. I meant that Joshua couldn't be referring to Anri as a demon because she wasn't present (If she had been present when Joshua said demons, that would have been a interesting implication). Maybe I don't explained it well. Sorry for the misunderstanding 😅.

@thofheinz
Anri knew Momo even before Shamiko, that would not be possible if she was a demon (it should be safe to assume she doesn't have a magical girl's core with her)

Dex-chan lover
I can't help but entertain the notion that Anri is a demon. She always seems to conveniently have a job for Shamiko, or at least did until she got a more secure arrangement at Cafe Asura. "Convenient" is the keyword in general, actually. Her sudden appearance here in helping save Ugallu seems almost too convenient too. Of course if she is a demon then she's done a great job of covering her tracks because, yeah, we have nothing concrete to suggest she's anything but human. But looking at the big picture I can't help but rub my chin. Having her be only one of a few theme-named characters (like Ogura) if anything helps complete the camouflage 'cuz that's what I'd do as a writer.

Though really, even if she were, this chapter pretty much convinced me that Anri is a good and positive presence. If she's hiding anything then it's definitely not because of any sinister reasons. Human or not she's a good friend to Shamiko and she wouldn't hide anything from her without a good reason.

And if she is just a human? Then that's a pretty good red herring and if I were the mangaka I'd be pleased to see people fish for it. It just happens "Satan" has a lot more cultural weight as a symbolic name than most of the others, so that's probably why the Anri theories are more prominent than scrutinizing the other characters.

@MidnighTea
To be honest the Anri = Satan stuff was mostly speculated back when we didn't know much about her and she indeed seemed to know way too much.
These days people speculate way more about Ogura being Gusion (a high level demon), because of all her knowledge and seemingly dark affinity. If she turned out to be a witch, I think nobody would be surprised.

I think I'll side with Anri being human simply because there is no real reason to believe she isn't. She has not displayed any special powers or skills that are beyond human and she has no outwards signs like Shamiko, Riko or Shirozawa. I'm not saying a demon must be experienced with supernatural stuff (Shamiko didn't know anything when she awoke to her powers), but Anri is regularly surprised/shocked by the stuff that's going on. She just seems to have a very high tolerance for getting over it.

Users who are viewing this thread