Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 5 Ch. 55 - Demon’s Birthday Celebration!? Peachy’s Afterschool Escape!

Dex-chan lover
I love everything about this chapter. The dunking on Momo, the dumb bell call outs, Lico annoying Momo despite her usually being the straight man of the group, and of course Shamiko and Momo showing their love and affection for each other in different ways. Just legitimately it's so cute to see Shamiko not use her wallet because she loves it too much, and to see Momo literally getting a stomachache because she didn't plan for Shamiko's party. AAAAAA SO CUTE!!!!!

Fed-Kun's army
People said Mikan ia the thirdwheel, I think differently, Lico is actually a thirdwheel, a perfect salt to seasons this dork couple.

TL;DR!
Lico is what ShaMo deserve but not what they need.

So while I totally agree that forcing people to read through 400 messages for vital info is unreasonable... c'mon Momo! You didnt even know her birthday (except later it will be revealed that she did and somehow still forgot!!!) You are a bad boyfriend!

Haaah... wel Momo's idea wasn't actually bad or anything, Shamiko freaking loved it, but of course it can't compare to a console for a gamer like Shamiko. Ultimately if she had gone with Riko's method she would have Shamiko's panties dropped in an instant and make her faint though.

Here for everyone who feels robbed of the roses moment:
LYjkLOl.png
She went Kiki Kanri from sheer excitement.

Momo, the manliest magic girl in the world, likes to lift weights, doesn't remember her partners birthday, barely reads chat groups, does last minute shopping for birthday presents, and goes straight to the kitchen section when she does, gets jealous easy. doesn't understand why her present is being treasured above others..

Group Leader
some feedback on the typesetting:
i get that manga is read right to left but that gets really confusing when you apply the same rules within the same speech bubble
example: page 7
i immediately read that as "It!! That's". line breaks within the same speech bubble should really remain left to right.

Dex-chan lover
@harryno5 as a guy, Momo is like my spirit animal

I thought (by reading the raw) Lico gave the newest console, but it turned out it is a 15 years old used console owned by Master, the latest console in Shamicc universe is PS3, yet Shamicc is very excited. Well, imagine she now can play Dragon Quest VIII, graduated from Dragon quest 4,5,6 in SNES skipping 7 in PS1

also... Ogura casually asking for Momo's credit card

Dex-chan lover
Should've brought her roses Momo. But I think your gift was just what the shadow mistress needed.

So even Shamiko's Father is just straight up telling Momo to be straight forward with her romantic desires.
"Give my daughter one hundred roses, damn it!"

@1412
I think Ogura was talking about Sakura's credit card, considering Momo is living on her rich sister's money.
It's more ominous that Ogura managed to join a group chat with nobody inviting her...

Dex-chan lover
LOL you should've give her roses!!! and omg I love Lico hahahahahaha that was amazing.
Seeing Momo that mad is cute.

>You're using the other gifts a lot more

Why the heck is she using the doll for?!

Dex-chan lover
Anri and Mikan are getting close. And I mean CLOSE. When they stand together, there is no physical distance between them.

Anri is the polar opposite of Momo when it comes to romantic savvy. She knows what Mikan needs and wants and gets it to her fast.

Of course, Momo would give her life for Shamiko's any second. It's the subtle stuff that's hard. When it comes to wielding a black katana to save her true love from a nightmare, Momo can not be beat.

This is Kirara yuri at its apex.

Dex-chan lover
Momo's acting in this chapter has been the most relatable thing I've ever seen in manga. From not reading group chats to struggling with gifts.

Guess Momo was my spirit animal all along.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, i'm with Momo here. Passing a certain numbers of message in a group chat, i didn't read anything unless i get tagged.

Group Leader
...yeah I don't fault Momo here.

make a separate group chat for events

C9fYtKU.png
Shamiko is wearing Mikan's necklace, Anri's shirt and carrying Ogura's doll (for some reason). She also obviously played with that PS2 to death. So Momo's right, she is using all the presents except hers! lol
Though she is putting the wallet on the same pedestal as the ancestue like some sacred treasure. They are both dorks.

@dedmoroz
But that doesn't excuse her forgetting Shamiko's birthday in general and not having gotten her a present in particular.

Honstly the doll is kinda cute, I don't imagine Shamiko really had any soft toys or well toys of any kind beyond her game console. So she probably enjoyed having a small doll like that. Maybe she pretends it is a baby Momo.

Resident Yuripig
Group Leader
@harryno5 said
Momo, the manliest magic girl in the world, likes to lift weights, doesn't remember her partners birthday, barely reads chat groups, does last minute shopping for birthday presents, and goes straight to the kitchen section when she does, gets jealous easy. doesn't understand why her present is being treasured above others..

She's literally the male love interest in every shoujo manga ever.

Dex-chan lover
Want to point out again Lico's species. Huli-jing. In China, the term is nowadays less used for the actual fox demon and more as slang for a homewrecker or woman who tries to tempt someone to infidelity.

BUT in some parts of China, the very same fox is revered as a love deity that seeks to bring people together.

What's brilliant about this chapter and Lico's other appearances is that we kinda see both aspects out of her. Remember how technically she got Momo and Shamiko to walk around together naked? And her advice to Momo in this chapter didn't turn out to be trolling, if Momo had just listened to her.

Fed-Kun's army
“It’s friendship. Not that kind of love”
Me: “MY Shadow mistress”

Users who are viewing this thread