Machikado Mazoku

Dex-chan lover
Ahhhh i really enjoyed the anime of this one hope the manga is just as good but i feel like Shamiko will not be the same without a voice, the VA captured her so perfectly it has that vibe of someone thats really optimistic about life while sounding very cute and having just enough of that pathetic attribute to make it endearing and not annoying.

Welp also want to know if the kinda yuri romance that was blooming goes anywhere ? I really hope so.

But they kept the "Shoujo Ai" tag for some inane reason. I can just feel that they didnt know what Yuri is an assumed it's just a sexual tag... urgh.

Chapter 71 is out, /a/ gave it a rough translation within hours:
https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/202225833

@Jorgey Here look at mine and Shaeli's posts. For the links to /a/ where the raws were posted and rough translated.

Dex-chan lover
@BugDemon
Shoujo Ai tag doesn't even exist in Japan to begin with.

Yuri also unmistakably thought as sexual stuff everywhere as well aside from game and LN I guess.

@Xaelath
Are you seriously trying to tell ME that the Shoujo Ai tag is bullshit? That's like lecturing a janitor on how to burn trash. I am more than fully aware.

You are so damn wrong about the Yuri part that the Shoujo Ai part seems ironic somehow. Yuri as a tag only denotes one thing: Lesbian relationships. ZERO implications on the degree of maturity, sexual content or innocence. Unless you wanna tell me all those Yuri magazines in Japan just got it totally wrong, because you disagree.

Dex-chan lover
@BugDemon
It is bullshit or is it not?

Remember when they tagged Bloom into you Shoujo AI until it got that scene?
Me too.

Regardless of the implications, they're still relationship between girls.
Lesbian or Sexual relationship may still happen much later which sometimes void the Shoujo AI tag. (Sometimes they just tag both of them at once because why the fuck not)

At least "somehow" it does clear stuff to some people who don't want to see that kind of part.

@Xaelath
Uh... yes? Yes it is bullshit. Who are "they"? Are you talking about Mangadex? Not exactly the best people to look at for guidance on what tags make sense.

Instead of stupidly pretending that Shoujo Ai exists or that Yuri only focuses on one specific part of lesbian relationships, these pirating scanlation and anime sites should get with the times and finally clean up their tags. But they won't, because these small internet communities are worse than grandparents who were raised with a certain bad belief. They don't wanna go through the trouble of re-educating those who thought 10 years ago that Shoujo Ai is an actual thing. They don't want to put in the effort to remove the stigma from Yuri (which only exists in the West and only by people who are too surface on the genre to even get it). The actual official licensing and publishing companies out there who sell Yuri manga call the genre Yuri and GL now. Just like Japan always did. To cater to a couple of uninformed relics is exactly what makes these sites so frustrating.

If the Shoujo Ai tag was deleted today and all stories that had it now sported a Yuri/GL tag, how much time would it take for people to adjust? A month at best. It doesn't take a genius to connect the dots. If there is no Shoujo Ai tag, people will come to the obvious conclusion that it never had any purpose. You don't get a warning in het romance whether there will be "sexual content" beyond the Ecchi and NSFW tags. Why would Yuri be any different?

Dex-chan lover
For anyone who really cares about tags, why not simply put "yuri" for something like this series, whether or not there is anything more than tummy molestation, and an additional tag of "sexual content" for a yuri series that is sexually charged, if anyone gives a damn?

This is clearly a love story expressed as a gag manga.

Group Leader
@thofheinz mangadex is already planning on merging the shoujo ai and yuri tags and using the sexual content tag to distinguish between them, so it's eventually going to be that way.

Users who are viewing this thread