Made in Abyss - Vol. 10 Ch. 56 - A Gift

This is so hard to follow now cause of how irregular the releases are...I'll definitely have to re-read this entire arc again when it's said and done, or wait for Season 2 of the anime.

Who had to re read chpater 😭😂😂 cuz most if ya forgot. Dont blame your self if u did cuz it's been months like 4 or 5 since the last chapter

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't that be the one who deceived Reg?
5migVWN.png

I haven't reread the manga since the last release which was five(?) months ago yet I still kinda understand what is happening. The art in this chapter was amazing but I couldn't follow which of Faputa's limbs were which wwww. Twister moth

@Jmann As they mentioned there isn't a prophecy as it is more that he is described as someone who must have revelations or a prophetic talent because he is never is wrong but that is because of his incredible sense/talent on being two moves more advanced than anyone else, that is that he can calmly analyze what is happening and play his cards right without anyone noticing to reach a certain purpose in the end, meaning that for example in the past while everyone was planning purely how to cure the disease, like a normal person would, he deduced seeing Vueko and Iru relation that she would wish for a way to save them and most importantly to save Vueko, and so he went beyond and thought that if the cradle had so much power it could also make Iru create a city to protect Vueko and also them, so he played the card of manipulating Iru when Vueko got sick, that with the other card of using a craddle just to save himself as he seem to be very focused once a plan is done. While now seeing Faputa rage, Riko and Reg relation and Riko love for the village he thought there would be a situation where Riko got hurt trying to protect the village and Reg would ask Faputa to give her a craddle in that crisis, and well he wasn't that off that line as Riko almost got hurt by Faputa twice and Reg would wake up eventually. Similar to Bondrewd that planned the scientific triumph predicting what the main trio would do but on steroids since he didn't need Nanachi eyes, can do it very quickly and as many times needed seeing he was known for that even before reaching the Abyss.

I reread the entire arc and I still think it's just a complete and utter mess. More and more super vague IT'S MAGIC AND WISHES concepts are thrown on top of each other to make this shit work in a mega convient for Riko's party way. At first, we learned about balancing system. Great, it was explained pretty straightforward and aside from garbage Mitty 2.0 subplot I didn't have any problems with it. But even Mitty 2.0 could've been an interesting plot device to develop character futher if author had any balls to resolve properly. Than, flashback happened and we've got fucking Deus Ex Machina eggs, just another loli torture instrument. Since then it's absolute trainwreck. Forget about balancing, this shit doesn't work now. Forget about paying for Nanachi's freedom, a character that never was stated to be amnesiac before recovered his memories and did 180. Oh well, now Faputa is about to be tamed like a bitch with magic memories.
So, what about main characters? Reg jobbed, Riko fainted after she was crying and hiding behind Reg's back in previous chapters, Nanachi is just immortal cash cow. They did absolute jack shit, but their plot armor is impressive.

@reu thank you very much for taking the time to explain that. I am gonna re-read the whole series in order to catch these parts. But seriously, obliged. I appreciate your explanation

Dex-chan lover
Final maelstrom is just gonna be a near-endless amount of pages despicting nothing but writhing humanoid shapes that tell stories they never begun telling in the first place

To anyone getting confused,
Please re-read the entire arc. Especially the origin of the village (ch 47-51)
The value system is actually quite simple. Anything that anyone (including yourself) values and the amount can be turned into "value". Your helmet, your hair, your skin are all something to be desired, so they can all be value.
When someone of high value took someone of low value something. They got away. But when some of low value took someone of high value. The balancing happens. Since the inhabitants don't know the value of Riko, they get destroyed when the inhabitants takes away Riko's stuff, because her belongings held so much value that they have to compensate with everything. Their desires, organs, skin, etc.
The village (not the villagers) itself will frequently hunt monsters outside for more value
You can also buy/create something directly from Irumyuui (The village itself)

Dex-chan lover
Well, now that I have caught up with the manga releases, I might have to wait for a little longer for the next chapter.
And I might also have to re-read the arc again in the future, as I have noticed that many of the readers here are very confused to the plot after not reading it for like 4 months.
Anyway, the arc was slow at the start but not bad overall. I really hope to see more magnificent art-style like always 😁

Fed-Kun's army
@ilikepi31415 hahahah considering that comment was three months ago, I'd say it was pretty accurate! XD Changing it to three months minimum then :D Hopefully we get an english translation soon.

Users who are viewing this thread