Made in Abyss - Vol. 13 Ch. 67 - Whereabouts of the Soul

Dex-chan lover
The smashy thing at the end of this chapter looks to me like some kind of big beefy arm. Granted, there are some gaps in the structure that would connect there arm back to the rest of the body, but it could have been drawn like that like that to give it a sense of speed. It could also just be a fucked up abyss creature with slightly disconnected arms.

Anyway the last few panels really don't imply an outright death. We have a panel of Nanachi's cool hat flying off, and that takes place after the initial impact. We also have Reg reaching of to try and grab Nanachi rather than aiming his cannon at a now attacking creature. We also have drag marks and motion blur that show Nanachi being pulled away rather that squashed outright.

In conclusion, Nanachi is likely still alive. The creature attaching is not some awful body smashing monster, rather a familiar tentacle creature. Nothing bad has ever ever come from a character in a manga being dragged off by tentacles, certainly nothing that this author would derive particular enjoyment from drawing.

I believe we will get at least one more appearances from Nanachi. That appearance may involve them being crushed or devoured, but more Nanachi is always good, right?

Banned
This is kinda out of character for Nanachi at the moment (not the sacrificing part) but mentioning "revival" in terms for Mitty. Nanachi had already "let go" of Mitty in the village. That was the whole point of the arc, just letting go. Did Nanachi forget that all of a sudden?
good point . I guess the author wanted to underline how nice and selfless and good Nanachi is.

Banned
As someone said, she likely is as "immortal" as mitty
That shouldn't be because then the bondrewd fight should have happened differently.
at the climax of the bondrewd fight, bondrewd's main body became like nanachi's and that body died after getting blasted by reg's blaster.
However if he had super regeneration like mitty then that body would not have died because his body was not completely caught in the blaster. And mitty needed to be completely caught in the blaster to die, since smaller abyss weapons cause permanent injury to mitty but do not kill mitty, like when mitty got lazered in the eye.
So since Bondrewd with a nanachi-like body died from a partial injury then neither he nor nanachi have super-regeneration

Dex-chan lover
The smashy thing at the end of this chapter looks to me like some kind of big beefy arm. Granted, there are some gaps in the structure that would connect there arm back to the rest of the body, but it could have been drawn like that like that to give it a sense of speed. It could also just be a fucked up abyss creature with slightly disconnected arms.

Anyway the last few panels really don't imply an outright death. We have a panel of Nanachi's cool hat flying off, and that takes place after the initial impact. We also have Reg reaching of to try and grab Nanachi rather than aiming his cannon at a now attacking creature. We also have drag marks and motion blur that show Nanachi being pulled away rather that squashed outright.

In conclusion, Nanachi is likely still alive. The creature attaching is not some awful body smashing monster, rather a familiar tentacle creature. Nothing bad has ever ever come from a character in a manga being dragged off by tentacles, certainly nothing that this author would derive particular enjoyment from drawing.

I believe we will get at least one more appearances from Nanachi. That appearance may involve them being crushed or devoured, but more Nanachi is always good, right?
Plus Nanachi is the series mascot and most popular character. IF she dies, they'll probably quest to restore her soul into her body like what was just explained. Which tbh would make a lot of sense. Anyhow, this show mostly sells figures of Nanachi not the two mcs

Dex-chan lover
That shouldn't be because then the bondrewd fight should have happened differently.
at the climax of the bondrewd fight, bondrewd's main body became like nanachi's and that body died after getting blasted by reg's blaster.
However if he had super regeneration like mitty then that body would not have died because his body was not completely caught in the blaster. And mitty needed to be completely caught in the blaster to die, since smaller abyss weapons cause permanent injury to mitty but do not kill mitty, like when mitty got lazered in the eye.
So since Bondrewd with a nanachi-like body died from a partial injury then neither he nor nanachi have super-regeneration
Reg's arm can rewrite the rules of the abyss tho, they literally just said it lol

Dex-chan lover
Plus Nanachi is the series mascot and most popular character. IF she dies, they'll probably quest to restore her soul into her body like what was just explained. Which tbh would make a lot of sense. Anyhow, this show mostly sells figures of Nanachi not the two mcs
Eitherway, Akihito will get his nanachi doujinshi.

Banned
Reg's arm can rewrite the rules of the abyss tho, they literally just said it lol
What that means is that the specific part that gets hit no longer has regen. This is the same with bondrewd's laser artefact. Mitty got hit with bondrewd's laser in the eye so that part of her skull did not regenerate, but the rest of her still had super regeneration so she did not die.
If bondrewd had mitty's super regeneration then his lower half getting hit by reg's laser would have just caused the part that was blown away in the blaster not to regenerate, but the part of him that wasn't hit by the blaster would continue to stay alive the way mitty did.
But instead bondrewd's body died as normal from the ordinary fatal wound of having his lower half blasted away.
so since bondrewd had the same thing happen to his body as nanachi, nanachi also doesn't have super regeneration.

cillianmurphygun-cillianmurphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
I would be upset about Nanachi, but this chapter literally said "Revival is impossible? Maybe, but we've seen several things that break the rules already, never say never! ;) "

NOOOOONNAHHHCCIIIII

xD

NOOO

Come on pleaes be really robust.
My hearth wont take it if the fluff died... the princess is way to stabby to be fluffed.

I don't know if it's the translation or me but I didn't get half of the chapter. A lot of reference to past stuff I don't remember I guess.

That surprise at the end doh 👌
Yeah its referencing something from the start and from about the time they got to the "golden city" stage. Where all the farewell wishes came raining down .... duo the mass deaths on the surface.

All 2000 or so years allooot of people die at their birthdays.

It's not explained why ... but i bet the Abyss "harvests" the souls it had planted into them.
To get all that juicy life signature data xD.

What worries me the most, besides Nanachi's fate, is that we will have to wait another 8 months for the next chapter

of5sji.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Finally caught up again. I had a hard time when I first read the The Village of Iruburu arc. It was all confusing the first time I read it and why I haven't gotten back to reading MIB until now, but it's so much more understandable the second time.

Anyway, Nanachi nooooooo

Users who are viewing this thread