Made in Abyss - Vol. 13 Ch. 67 - Whereabouts of the Soul

Dex-chan lover
I agree with the rest of your post but Faputa didn't name Reg, Reg introduced himself as Reg but maybe you meant Riko instead.
"Shroud" is the title of the umbra hands which are "shrouded" in white robes, which are the stronger umbra hands like Bidou and Gyarike and now Rimeyo.
No, I'm simply misremembering that part
In that case Reg just "remembered" his named through the soul

As for the part on Shrouds, was that elaborated on anywhere? I only remember them being brought up here and in Chapter 64 and don't remember getting anything more than the name "shroud"
Edit: Checking back "shroud" is mentioned by Cravali back in the tavern chapter and though the TL is rough it does seem to be a higher level Umbral Hand

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
xNITi5x.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
This is kinda out of character for Nanachi at the moment (not the sacrificing part) but mentioning "revival" in terms for Mitty. Nanachi had already "let go" of Mitty in the village. That was the whole point of the arc, just letting go. Did Nanachi forget that all of a sudden?

Dex-chan lover
This is kinda out of character for Nanachi at the moment (not the sacrificing part) but mentioning "revival" in terms for Mitty. Nanachi had already "let go" of Mitty in the village. That was the whole point of the arc, just letting go. Did Nanachi forget that all of a sudden?
They've let go of it as their core driving purpose, but that doesn't mean they're just going to ignore a way to bring her back if it turns out to be possible. They were quite ready to let it pass when they were told it would be impossible.

I don't know if it's the translation or me but I didn't get half of the chapter. A lot of reference to past stuff I don't remember I guess.

That surprise at the end doh 👌
I think this is the consensus of most readers. Whether it be the translation or gap between chapters, i'm not sure, but the content of the chapter felt very vague.

Double-page supporter
The Blessed child cant die here.

I still hasnt be able to touche her fluffy ears.

Dex-chan lover
WITNESS SOSU!! She is Fluffy and Cute!
Also, nooo not the hat man! It totally tied her look together!

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't look like she's dead, It looks like she just got grabbed. I mean, certainly grabbed in a harmful and rough way, but she wouldn't be thinking if she was dead, and if the author REALLY wanted to kill her right now, we would have seen her die for maximum emotional damage. But I'm pretty sure the author just likes drawing nanachi and faputa, so I'm not super worried that she's dead.

It's the waiting that sucks, now. Got our chapter, but it ends on a pretty huge cliffhanger this time. See you guys again in 3 to 5 months

EDIT: on an extra note, anyone else noticing the trend of Faputa negatively reacting to our white whistle host? She often hisses at her, which appears comedic at first, but is combined with suspicious glares from faputa when she is nearby. Somethings not right.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
We hadn't seen Neyozel, so I was correct in thinking they got captured(but not dissected!).

On a scale of oya oya, this chapter was way too oya oya. Thanks!

Rest in Peace, the best hat

Dex-chan lover
Oh hell no, not Nanachi. Not like this.....

and will we have to wait ages for the next chapter?

Users who are viewing this thread