Made in Abyss - Vol. 8 Ch. 51 - The Wish's Form

Aggregator gang
Velko is the only one out of that group that has some humanity and respects the wishes of her daughter essentially

Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
More questions....

So what IS Vueko at this point? Is it just the time dilation that means she's around 20-40, or did Wazu/irumyuui/eating the children make her ageless?

That line about the eggs was weird. So we have the 1st egg, that either didn't work or resulted in the baby births. The 2nd egg, that Wazu manipulated irumyuui into becoming the village. Last is the 3rd egg, which Wazu transferred somehow to irumyuui to power the village. Faputa is either the 1st or the 3rd egg converted into the last wish, for vengeance.

And the eggs themselves have batteries, but they tweaked the system to accept Value as input to keep the whole thing running.

• Thinking
Dex-chan lover
Purge that village with the flames of justice!!
My personal feeling what the story should be: The whole raison d'etre of Reg in the story, NUKE THAT VILLAGE FROM ORBIT UNTIL NO TRACES LEFT. ...Of course that's only what I feel right now having read the latest chapters, story and author have other plans. Nuke the Abyss itself?

As for if this is the bottom of hell, I bet author is like; Hold my beer...

Double-page supporter
That line about the eggs was weird. So we have the 1st egg, that either didn't work or resulted in the baby births. The 2nd egg, that Wazu manipulated irumyuui into becoming the village. Last is the 3rd egg, which Wazu transferred somehow to irumyuui to power the village. Faputa is either the 1st or the 3rd egg converted into the last wish, for vengeance.

The strict order of 2/3 doesn't really matter, but I'm pretty sure these were the wishes.

1st egg - Irumyuui's wish "to be a mother". Results in the stillborn creatures that cure the mockwater.
2nd egg - Wazukyan's wish turns Irumyuui into the village. It's unclear what exactly the wish was, but it was probably along the lines of "a homeland" or "my prophecy to come true." It's fairly clear that it was Wazu's wish that turned Irumyuui into the village from the many lines doubting that this would be her wish.
3rd egg - Irumyuui's second wish. It was shoved into her off screen to replace the broken one and keep her alive. The wish, however it was phrased, gave birth to Faputa. It might have been "revenge" or a redo of the "to be a mother" wish.

Once all three were transferred to Faputa the village shifted to fueling itself off of the creatures of the abyss in the market format we see now. That's why Wazukyan says to Vueko that he "hopes" that people continue to be drawn to the abyss in search of something. So that they will be taken in by the village and continue to fuel it.

• Helpful
I just want some semblance of a happy ending for Faputa (along with Irumyuui) and Vueko. But let's be realistic, even that is probably asking for too much.

Had to read the last five chapters to remember what was happening xD but things are looking great so far and now it's time to incinerate those bastards that used irumyuui for their own benefit

Dex-chan lover
Sacrificing her mom so they can live, eating and killing her siblings in front her mom, living inside the body of the mutated body, using value to keep her mom alive. I gotta say Faputa has a pretty strong case to justify this genocide.

Dex-chan lover
In all the expedition films/tales there's that final descent into madness and desperation that turn even the most beloved character into a monster that you want to kill.
Add the almost three months of waiting for a new chapter, the body horror and the misery and everything not only makes sense but almost divine retribution.

Dex-chan lover
I gotta hand it to him, the crazy fucks written into this story really catch my attention.

Bondrewd is still my favorite.

Power Uploader
After MIA is finished I kinda want Tsukushi to adapt a Lovecraft story…

• Wow
Dex-chan lover
Ok so I think 1st egg was used for the mother wish. 2nd egg was forced on Iru in an attempt to keep her alive after Veko fainted. 3rd was used by Wazu probably wishing that the prophecy comes true. Which is why Veko starts wondering is this really what she wished for. We see later that the second egg was still intact so it is definitely wasn't her wish to become the village. Iru absorbed absorbed the third egg from Wazu when she ate his old body. Iru used the power of the three eggs to make Faputa. Which explains the line about Faputa inheriting the eggs and why the need to take in value from outside to sustain the village.

Fed-Kun's army
I feel both happiness from reading a great story and the need to scream in horror after witnessing some insanity...

Users who are viewing this thread