Made in Abyss - Vol. 8 Ch. 51 - The Wish's Form

Dex-chan lover
Well, I really like those 3... kinda expected some close about what was happening to Belafu — did he just realized how fucked the situation was or is there something more? After all, he wanted retribution but he was also the first one to shed away his humanity “opening the gates”.

I just wanted them to be happy, damnit!!
I guess Faputa still has a chance to turn things around...though I doubt it’ll end remotely well enough.

It returns! I... don't see this ending well for anyone involved but I think that's par the course of this manga at this point.

Power Uploader
I'm kinda glad that 6-month long flashback is over. It was interesting, but the story was so insane and the releases so far apart that I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Dex-chan lover
That was long and confusing due to the period. Will definitely need to reread that. Hope the manga will be a little more monthly now

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy, they eat the babies alive! the soup was alive all along!

Goddamn this manga even when you know the horrors, it manages to turn it up beyond 11.

Dex-chan lover
Gotta wonder who’s more of a monster this guy or the other white whistle guy

Aggregator gang
I dont get why Belafu went nuts tho. Is it just because he had too much of a conscience about eating deformed Abyss babies?? I mean sure, I get that, but also hey everything goes for survival amirite.

Anyways this was... Something. We get the confirmation Faputa is Iru's child and not her (tho I guess in a way Faputa IS her) and everyone adapted way too much to their abyss-enhanced predicament.

I would like to see her side of the story tho. Why she left and why she attacked everyone like that (also wtf was that of ppl being inside that space left in Iru's body while she looks back in horror). The second is bc she was angry bc of what happened to her family, but how would she know??? Is the same principle to Vueko being connected to Iru's brain? And why would she care if they all died/would die anyways since they were incomplete.

Im still wondering about the prophecy too. But I guess we will get that later.

EDIT: I forgot, but I guess the thing about the Abyss attracting ppl to it boils down to having a longing/wish for something? And in Riko's case this is doubled by her being a made-in-Abyss franken baby. Guess that explains the title.

Fed-Kun's army
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but maybe they can get out of the Abyss and end the curse by destroying Irumyuui (if I understand anything properly, which I'm not certain I do)

Edit: nevermind, just remembered the curse/abyss has been there long before... what a dreadful place!

Dex-chan lover
And then you realized that everyone in the village values Faputa because they want to eat her. Burn it down Reg

@A-tan
Belafu lives like saint. The type that religiously follow his conviction no matter what even if it means death. On the other hand Wazukyan is the type of guy who donates to an orphanage on Sunday and diddly some kids on weekdays.

Finally caught up.. if the cradle of greed is what makes people into what they wish for (like what the village does), I wonder what the other eggs do. Also curious as to how Wazukyan seemed to know what was going to happen to Irumyuui.. must've expected it cause one of the interference units told him what the eggs do. I guess the whole value stuff and balancing in the village is related to one of the eggs?

Users who are viewing this thread