Madoromi Barmaid - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Squall

At first i thought this is a doujin beacuse i know the artist do them, but ehh kinda interesting..

Fed-Kun's army
GodGinrai is correct- Wine is incorrectly translated directly- also, cocktails should be the word used in some places as well. I imagine the japanese states "sake" which encompasses a WIDE variety of alcoholic beverages by the single word. Were this series to get a full time translator, it won't be easy to get everything right without doing background research on some things that come up- even the group that did Bartender had issue with translation (and that series certainly went overboard with apocryphal and made up stories about alcohol/cocktail origins and the translators went above and beyond trying to parse all the info).

For instance- Angostura bitters are a Bitter- not a wine, a whole different class of cocktail ingredient. Drambuie is a Liqueur- it is made from scotch in part, but it is a liqueur- while it can be imbibed on its own, it is often used as a cocktail mixer ingredient. (also, different than Liquor.) The Shochu she made with the flower is an infusion- and again, it is not a wine, since it is originally a distilled product.

As for the nature of cleaning the cart glassware- much like food trucks, most mobile operations that require water/cleansing setups find a storage solution to water to bring along for their daily use. Also, many cocktail bars (and in particular some japanese styled cocktail bars) do not use on demand running water to clean- there is a setup with multiple basins/sinks to have washing/rinsing specifically with water for each alloted already, even in brick and mortar shops.

All the best if you choose to follow up on this manga- certainly a gimmicky conceit but always enjoyable to find more food/drink related manga out there.

Just want to back up what @mweeheehee posted about the drinks and ingredients.
Not too sure what the point of scantating this is, if all the drink details are wrong.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks to the cover, I came for the lewd, but then I stay for cool girls doing cool things. Thanks, scanlators, keep up the good work.

Group Leader
I'm not sure how to feel about myself that I can recognize 14 of the 18 distinct bottles in the first major panel... and that one of the bottles is wrong for the brand.

Supporter
I need a bar cart. NOW.
Its perfect for when I want to grab a drink, but I don't necessarily want to go into my usual place
where I don't feel right unless I dress up for it. Plus being in the open where I live the night sky
is full of stars and it always smells like Juniper trees and slight eucalyptus. Just perfect.​

Nobody and I mean NOBODY would ever call Drambuie a Scotch whisky. It's a liqueur made with scotch whisky. You might as well call Coca-Cola water.

Dex-chan lover
@Amairani - check out TWILLO - https://twitter.com/Twillo0

(I learned about it in https://mangadex.org/chapter/754200 )

this gives of surreal midnight diner vibes :) and i enjoy the man's pov here (though i wanted to fight him) and how it developed from judgmental into unbiased, has a large range to show the audience the mc's abilities and character.

idk this seems super interesting!

Dex-chan lover
A job based series like this reminded me of an old manga, "Bartender" and maybe "God hand Teru" too

Users who are viewing this thread