Shoot Through a Different World with Magical Eyes and Bullets!

Well,I like composed mc rather than those that get flustered over every little matter,guess ill add this one😁

ugh, I'm starting to become irritated with the whole slavery trope happening in Isekai Manga. ~ might have to drop this. Whereas I think the story has merit, the whole slavery thing is slightly becoming repetitive. MC 'saves' Slave, slave falls for MC, plot happens... >.> MC either falls for Slave chick or gains a harem as a whole >....>

Every time this passes by my update feed, I just go like "Oh look. It's the isekai with the stupid MC who took the useless beastman loli instead of the badass dragon race man."

NiNico still not updated, there is another with chapter 3 hobbyjapan.co.jp/comic/series/madan/

MD@Home
Where is that Endless trash.gif because holy shit, talk about cliche.

There is a god damn Dragonewt right there and he pick a loli beastman. Fucking trashhhhhh, drop.

@Natoto the manga @Avenger88id is referring to is Jinrou e no Tensei, Maou no Fukkan: Hajimari no Shou, https://mangadex.org/title/38337/jinrou-e-no-tensei-maou-no-fukkan-hajimari-no-shou

There was a canceled old version, the above link is for what I believe is a reboot. Re:Monster is also good.

Also try "Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon", in which a skeleton reincarnates and has that kind of evolving monster allegiances and intelligence

Fed-Kun's army
@Exile
@Flavor25
true, but you forget that there is another dynamic at play here, take a look at gunota for an example. If you pay someone to do something, their interest in you only extends to how much money you have, and if you have a lot of money, they will weigh if killing you for it is worth the risk.

Personally if I was ever isekied, I would loner things as much as possible to get basic info and once the basics are acquired, figure out where to go from there, if im in a time thats pre modern, even if I have a companion that I trust, I would never be able to trust them completely. Imagine a cash out mission, you are going to get enough to live the rest of your life easy, I imagine the knife coming from the back, you get summoned by a kingdom, the moment you filled your rolle you are now a liability...

So if I find out there is a slave market, and that its magicly enforced, I would want to know 2 things
1) is it enforced by the thought,
2) could they power though the enforcement.

If it's something like, I have a mage slave and i'm fighting enemies, but they use magic and cast an aoe and i'm caught up in it and that doesn't count toward enforcement, or they are a range person and they can just choose not to fire as accurately as they can when its between me and the enemy and its not enforced due to it being action based... thats a huge no
If it is thought based but they could power though it, they may kill me to try and save themselves.
if both of these are possible, I would go with a little girl as its most likely to be fought off, while still being able to do what I intended them to do in the first place, which is either scouting, or general world knowledge, possibly just someone to interact with and clean where I live.

The only time I could ever trust someone is when they have nothing to gain by being with me and stabbing me in the back nets them nothing, which would be so rare it would never happen in the first place.

@Ichbastele
making light of slavery...
Here is the fact of the matter, unless mc wants to be the king of the world, slavery exists and not a damn thing he does will change that. now, you can have your morals, and not want to get involved at all, leaving the slaves there for anyone else to deal with, or you can rest easier knowing that you made someone's life better then they could have hoped for.
you want to get into morals or why they were slaves, well
1) they are the other
2) they were sold their by caregivers
3) they were in debt
4) they commited a crime
5) they are spoils of war
you got the majority of why people go into slavery there, now you want realistic treatment of slaves or do you want a world where you don't need to go into ptsd explanations which honestly isn't fun to read.
You want a world where slavery is not an option but still have it set in a less than modern setting, then you are going to have some fairly heavy police state with judge dredd style enforcement because look at a modern prison, it costs 20,000$ to hold someone in prison a year, if you aren't getting labor out of them, why would you ever foot the bill for that many people?

on the how society works... you are looking at this as if the person was born into slavery, a good overview of how things work and if things exist would be needed, possibly a general lay of the land, keep in mind, many sub modern settings a map is a national secret. now tell this to some adventurer/merc you higher and if you want your realistic setting, mc is going to to get jumped because he is an easy mark that no one will miss.

On the note of beauty... some manga did it great, when you look at a dog, are you really able to say the dog is ugly or beautiful from a dogs perspective, or a horse, realistically you can't tell anything. this manga applied that to the other races, humans just aren't able to the flaws or really understand what ageing means for them, but then again, on a manga to manga view, why would anyone draw an ugly character by choice?

you say lazy writing, I say literary shortcut, just like rpg elements, its able to cut out most of the 'we need 3 volumes to explain how things work' with 1 chapter of 'you have a status window, look at your stats' and slavery side steps the 'we now need to have a good 5 volumes of character development and trying to get someone who will entrust you with their life, just to start off on the most basic goblin quests.' If i'm reading 1 story, then ok, let's do this, give me all those details, but no, I read hundreds, simultaneously and i'm waiting daily on new chapters for everything, I don't need or want more than literary shorthand to get things going.

you say lazy writing, I say literary shortcut, just like rpg elements, its able to cut out most of the 'we need 3 volumes to explain how things work' with 1 chapter of 'you have a status window, look at your stats' and slavery side steps the 'we now need to have a good 5 volumes of character development and trying to get someone who will entrust you with their life, just to start off on the most basic goblin quests.' If i'm reading 1 story, then ok, let's do this, give me all those details, but no, I read hundreds, simultaneously and i'm waiting daily on new chapters for everything, I don't need or want more than literary shorthand to get things going.

It's problematic because Japan has a problematic history with slavery. Their education system doesn't do a good job teaching about it so you end up with tripe like this where authors think their main character is the best because he buys his waifu to save her and **** her. Never mind the parallels to atrocities Japan has committed though, it's "just" a shortcut.

Maybe it's the artist's fault, but it seems rather contradictory that the slave dealers were so compassionate, yet the living conditions were bad.

@alidan, your assumption that he can't do anything about slavery is false, since most mc are overpowered and can do anything they want but choose the most boring and simplistic route because the author does not know how to write a good story

Oh boy another isekai with an extremely boring MC with overpowered abilities exploring a world where the details are glossed over because its all just cliches anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread