Magi Craft Meister - Vol. 12 Ch. 61 - Preparation for Celebration

Dex-chan lover
It’s fairly clear you are lucky enough not to need glasses, otherwise the stupidity of this chapter would be evident to you...
I've had to wear glasses for the last twenty-six years. All of this shit makes enough sense to me, but that must just be because I'm not going out of my way to try to find problems with it.

Not unless there was no other option, no.
but that's the thing, he does have plenty of options without revealing his hidden cards.

No need to put a target on your back by showing the world you could conquer it in a day.
Fear and paranoia are bound to break out on mass...
There is 0 chance that the countries don’t know how powerful he is, even if they don’t know his full capabilities. They definitely should know better than to screw with him. Are you telling me that after the battle with the unifiers that every intelligence agency has no clue about his abilities? Even if the public doesn’t know, the military, kings, and top nobles definitely know. That is probably a big reason for their attempt at arranging a marriage as they want to establish ties with him to their kingdom and some power hungry nobles want to be able to use him. They also know that he is a bit of a pushover so they are trying to pressure him.

Glasses instantly perfectly atuned to her eyes.
Honestly, the better way to handle this would have been to have an automaton examine her briefly and then he makes them, then at least you have the excuse of the automaton wrote the prescription do to some unknown sensor. Which would still have issues but it would at least loosely make sense.

Dex-chan lover
There is 0 chance that the countries don’t know how powerful he is, even if they don’t know his full capabilities. They definitely should know better than to screw with him. Are you telling me that after the battle with the unifiers that every intelligence agency has no clue about his abilities? Even if the public doesn’t know, the military, kings, and top nobles definitely know. That is probably a big reason for their attempt at arranging a marriage as they want to establish ties with him to their kingdom and some power hungry nobles want to be able to use him. They also know that he is a bit of a pushover so they are trying to pressure him.
Actually yes, they are that clueless and most countries have no idea ( most of them anyway )
I don't believe it was elaborated on much in the manga.
But people with MC type of magical abilities are usually considered weak.

This is not only because everybody else is much worse at this type of magic ability to magically create things.
But also for that people who learn crafting magic can not normally learn elemental magic which is used for combat.

Everyone lost the ability to use magic for 100+ years because of the Eather Stampede that removed all Eather from the air.
(which you need to use magic )

And crafting magic suffered most from it most of all because of plot reasons that gets explained in the next arc.
But also because it is the hardest type of magic to master because you need the technical understanding on how to craft things.

Crafting magic is limited by your knowledge about how to actually craft something by hand in the first place.
So if you do not know how to make a torch out of coal, rope and a wooden stick you wont be able to do so with magic either.

Only the people who has seen him craft things have much of an idea about how powerful he really is.
And most people who has never seen him work would assume its a exaggerated rumor.

On top of that, the most kingdoms are in a "Cold War" situation where they do not actively share valuable information.
The only information you get from other countries are from spies or diplomats.
( at least it was until the Unifiers started doing their thing )

There was an early joke in the novel when talking to the tax lady from the first arc that hinted at this.
When asked about crafting magic she mentions to MC that the ability to "create light" is mostly used as a lazer pointer.

But MC can uses it as a death beam in one of the first arcs as a substitute for fire magic becouse he knows how a lens work and have a stupid amount of magical ability from his implanted knowlage.

( IIRC This was on the way back after the fight that is in manga chapter 6 where MC used his knowlage about water presure to slice a golem in half )

MC can also break stuff down on the molecular level ( because he knows what that is )
When most other people can only use it to clean dirt off rocks, melt things etc.

He is also SIGNIFICANTLY faster at casting spells which is a big deal to why he is so fast at crafting things.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread