Magi Craft Meister - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Port Town, Potrock

Dex-chan lover
Did MC just introduced school swimsuit and figurine to that world?
Otaku boom ahoy

Dex-chan lover
Wtf I want to use magic to create scaled figures too :'( like this, Jin would never have to waste money to buy figures. He could even make AND sell them as premium.

Dex-chan lover
@welcome2atlantis - Jin's ability breaks economics from its introduction. Jin's knowledge makes much of the economics irrelevant. That's the sort of being a magi craft meister is.

Dex-chan lover
@Zaldun well most nobles were not all that noble. They are as bad as the ultra rich of yesterday and today. It would be nice to have a different type of arc

Dex-chan lover
@Zaldun @Liquidxlax : After this jerk
it will be a little while till Jin meets another villain "noble"
aside from the criminal organization trying to conquer a large part of the continent
and run by an insane automata
, but their goals are a bit more far reaching then "you commoner you do as I say" and they have a reason for their beliefs and goals
and it will be mostly proper relationships, or people trying to recruit him.

Next arc is a bit more slice of life journey/travel, with the beginnings of a multi-arc plot.

Aggregator gang
@Liquidxlax
That's actually quite wrong, ever heard of "Noblesse Oblige"? Nobility was charged with the protection of the town's people, taking produce in exchange. The whole heavy tax things we see in manga and other media only happened during extreme times, such as between wars. Also, you have to keep in mind that common sense was different back then, you can't judge someone from way back with today's standards.
Lords depended on the people's produce to live, and they had to distribute that between most of the town's inhabitants during dire times, the remaining time they had to use it to maintain relationships with the other nobles and keep appearances, or another nobles could snatch their territory, killing all of its people with the lord, most of the time branding them as traitors or whatever. Nobles had their roles, as did the other people that made up a country.
It's obvious by today's standards that the nobility system was very flawed, even with the control the king had, it was still impossible to keep everyone in check without today's communication tools, but then again, today's system is also very flawed, albeit less than the other one.
And remember, any recorded events are because they were noteworthy, not because they were the norm. They didn't have the resources to write everything up.

@sjmcc13 I'm looking forward to the next arc then, i love that aspect of this manga so far, and @liquidxlax most probably wheren't but this isn't real life, it's a story. But even if we do go with nobles as main antagonists at least they could have different goals surely, the last noble wanted to make the magi crafter (forgot her name) his and tried raping her basically while this new one? Well it looks like he wants the new female characters building to pay off debts.. and her it seems

Contributor
Would be nice if the mc wouldn't stay a ken for all this manga, romance that tanned beauty.

this story is good if only
the MC has to helped all kind of girl that was in trouble and then just move on. I mean, come on. There were none of the girl that attract his interested even when all of them is beauty. Basically, it has no romance, at all. Usually, i'm not the type to complain about not having romance since most of the stories were ruined by the harem. But this is one of the story that i had to do and complain about.

Dex-chan lover
I hope this arc doesn't follow the same formula as the last one. If it does, I expect villain kidnaps or extorts the girl's father, the ship guild somehow bails her out after being impressed by MCs work, MC leaves forever while the antagonist is free to try to manipulate or rape again in the future.

This art really reminds me of Dungeon Seeker, except finer/more refined/more cartoony.

Mon, can we keep the thicc tanned heroine after the arc is over? Pretty please?

Dex-chan lover
Small thing, but the fact that Reiko doesn't get jealous of any beautiful women [in the romantic sense] is so refreshing. She's just like "You're easily swayed by beauty" and he's just like "yep pretty much"

Users who are viewing this thread