Mahou Sekai no Uketsukejou ni Naritai desu!

I understand why people hate the ML, but personally I think their relationship is just one of those enemies to lovers/rivalry even friends to lovers. I find it cute. When it comes down to it, they both care for each other in the end right? Sure the ML is a hardcore tsundere but obviously he has feelings for her lmao. It's one of those things where he wants all her attention by teasing her and making sure all she thinks about is him. But yeah, him as a character alone... kinda bad. But if we take into account their relationship as a whole and them together, it's pretty okay. It's not like he's hurting her in anyway since she's pretty strong. He's not stopping her from her dreams too so big plus right there, he's just worried about her relationships with other men who want to be with her.

With 11 chapters in, I have mixed feelings about the ML and MC. So here is what I think..

ML = He is that teasing guy who in actually has a crush on the MC. But he wants her to fall in love with him first so he can confess his love.

MC = She wants to "be the very best" #1 in everything, but ML keeps on getting #1! The main difference I find hugely annoying about her is that her drive to be #1 keeps on fading the more we proceed with the story.

It's really terrible to see a confident driven person get reduce to "simp" or "housewife" like OMG YOU ARE A RARE ICE MAGE BE MORE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF!!? STOP LETTING THE MAN DECIDE YOUR FATE OR "SAVE" YOU GODAMN!!!

With the ML it's the decision of, "even though I know his true feelings on her, do I really justify that with his terrible teasing?" It's not even like shoujo cute, it's just mean. Maybe he's just not considering her feelings? Or maybe he's just a d*ck and the MC is a pansy.

I'm like so close to dropping this into the pit of "manga that never see the light of day", but I really do like the magic element and the side characters (even if they are as stale as week old bread).

Fed-Kun's army
It's hard for me to ship MC with ML....
But then again author do not give us any other choice. No other male characters on the horizont. All others are done in such a way that are unromancable for MC and do not develope any important relation with MC...

Everyone is just flaming the ML thinking he's some angsty teenager treating his crush badly when he's not.

He does that because he realized that Nunnaly possess a huge amount of magic power (proof:her hair change color) and EXTREMELY prone to plaque clives during their first magic verification class.

He's someone who had experienced the pain of constantly having magic outburst in his childhood and know how dangerous it was. So yes he tease her NOT BECAUSE HE'S BEING ANGSTY. IT'S BECAUSE HE'S SECRETLY HELPING HER TO STOP FROM CONSTANTLY EXPLODING HER MAGIC UNCONCIOISLY. HE'S NOT A JERK. In reality he always. Like AAAAALWAYS tries to help her.

If you're asking "But he doesn't need to be a jerk about it?" No, he does. Because the little anger that Nunnaly felt from his constant teasing is actually THE REASON her magic was able to flow better and didn't burst in plaque clives at their childhood phase. It's something related to emotions AND unconciousness, something a child would have trouble controlling.

And if you're saying "Oh but if he actually cares then he can just teach her to control it."

Come on, you read the manga, with Nunnaly personality you think that's going to work? You think she's gonna receive lesson from Alves and accept that she's inferior from him and would need his help? Alves and Nunnaly have different personalities. Alves is calm while Nunnaly is a vivacious girl. With how animated and expressive she is, unless she became a completely calm person like Alves, she won't be able to control it properly from childhood. Different from Alves who had learned how to control it and guard his real feelings since kids.

This is actually a spoiler but who cares. The story is really good at masking and hinting Alves actions hidden meaning but some people just can't catch it so I understand I guess lol. I said my piece and i'll continue to enjoy this gem.

I cant understand why anyone would dislike him, they are so cute together and come on ^^ lets enjoy their story

It says eight elements. I get fire, water, ice, lightning, earth, nature, wind but I can't figure out the eighth. I feel like dark, light, space, time, gravity are all too OP and would effect the balance of this manga. Maybe metal?

The ML and MC are sooooo cute!!!!!!!! Well, I dont have problem with how the ML is and thanks to the explanation (or spoiler) by @ChisatoHime it makes it even clearer.
I think the ML is not a jerk to the MC. Actually I pity him as he needs to keep his feeling hidden and you can actually see how he cares about the MC a lot its so cute

Its been so long since I fangirled so hard......and Each chapter I was pressing the next button nonstop till it Vanished.......

the description is a bit wrong since the mc's initiated "haunting" herself with a beginners mistake and the summary sounds like she is 100% victim

also "she is dense and he is dumb"
-idiot powercouple

I LOVE THIS MANGA 😂 if ur reading comments to see if u should read it, do it! It kind of has a Special A vibe, but I love how the other characters develop, and u get attached to each character and invested in a short period of time (attesting to the great development of the story ☺️). Give it a try! The description almost put me off but it’s such a fun read and I love how Nanari (FL) is so ambitious.

Can someone give me recommendations of mangas like this one? I’m in need of mangas right now. All the ones I’m reading update so slow 😭😭. I would REALLY appreciate it!!

Users who are viewing this thread