Mahou Sekai no Uketsukejou ni Naritai desu!

Contributor
Hmmmm keeping an eye on this because of all y'all's comments and the fact Not a Scans' has good taste in the stories they adopt.

It's a interesting read! I want to read more! Please update faster translator-sama! I appreciate your work & effort! :)

Well at least the male lead is more in line with an actual guy, bullying his crush is kind of cliche, but he's a kid so its forgivable.

If she gets full marks and still doesn't get first place, then does that mean he's tying her and getting it due to his status and her being a commoner?

Don't like the ML... but the MC is very likable and hardworking. Honestly I hope this all ends with her rejecting him and pursuing her dreams of being the best receptionist ever lmaooo. It's iffy that she;s getting full marks but still in second place, but I guess it'll be explained later?

I think she isnt getting in first because they both tie for first place but he's ahead of her in alphabetical order or something stupid like that

Ignore the comments about the male lead being a shithead. Go read the manga and judge for yourself whether he's likeable or not.

In my opinion it's just the usual shoujo troupe male lead. He's not much of a jerk. If you observe his expressions you can see he's careful not to go over the top and pondering what to say back to her.(at least that's how I see it).

I've seen worse male leads than Alwes. Come on guys it's only the second chapter and your saying you want him dead . Poor boy .(" ^ " )

I really like this, a female MC who's actually able to hold her own against the male characters. I look forward to the rest of this!

Contributor
I have seen nothing so far to indicate that her parents aren't just hard-core trolling her about the receptionist job. Which threw me for a loop, because I assumed from this summary that it was one of those "X profession is actually really challenging in this fantasy setting" sort of premise, but having read it, now I start to think not XD

Like if you as a child had said, "I want to grow up and be a hotel cleaning lady", and your parents looked at each other with a mix of amusement and horror, and then one quickly extemporized: "Well, my child, you'll want at least a Ph.D. for that, two would be better."

@Kusarin:

It's not as much that he's irredeemably bad (though if he has affectionate feelings as many are presuming, he's expressing it terribly), as that he has no good points to speak of other than being, well, basically, academically successful and a powerful mage.

That more than suffices for their current rivalry; the issue is that all shoujo tropes point towards them becoming a couple, and—at present—he really is not suitable boyfriend material. Character development could fix that, of course.

As an aside: This "usual shoujo trope male lead" you're referring to—I assume you're talking about the slightly abrasive/abusive variety, which is indeed one common garden variety of shoujo love interest, but honestly, a lot of us will call those archetypes out for being jerks in their native, non-fantasy-shoujo, context, too. I would think that a lot of (though not all) people who like such "bad boys are cool" stuff would be leery about this guy physically attacking the protagonist unprovoked; one of the basic tenants of "bad boy" fantasies is that said, "bad boy" will protect the girl in question, and there's no sign of that here. Well, wait a couple chapters and that may indeed play out (protecting her from some third party), and then we'd be back in more familiar territory and he'd probably have more fans.

Users who are viewing this thread