Mahou Shoujo ♡ Misoji - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - What if a magical girl goes to school...

Dex-chan lover
"I swear mom, I do not eating pancake!"

Peele Sweating

Dex-chan lover
Uh why are we getting fanservice shots of a 12 year old again? 🧐
It's the first pages of a volume, which people browsing in a store or web preview will see. That reeks of desperation for sales, and doesn't bode well for the rest of the series.

The premise is interesting, and I was excited for the series, but I'm dropping it here.

Thank you for your work, translators.

Dex-chan lover
Hell, this must be his very first manga!

P.S.: Sounds like he considers bathing children "Fanservice". Some of us just see a child bathing. Just saying. 🤷‍♂️
I honestly didn't even think if her bathing is fanservice or not, cause honestly? That doesn't really matter.
Manga having completely unnecessary fanservice is so common that I don't question it anymore, hell, sometimes I don't even register the fanservice at all.

Although you definitely have a point, looking at it again and yeah, it's definitely for some fanservice, just pay attention to those angles, they were not necessary at all lol
But still, so what if it is fanservice? Not like whining about it will stop Japan from doing it again.
Fucking tourists man :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
Good chapter overall, although the fanservice of the young girl at the beginning was confusing. Let's be honest, some of us did want fanservice, but we wanted it of the middle aged office lady, even if her body wasn't perfect.

Hell, nowadays people like a little fat here and there.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao these people defending showing a naked 12 year as "just Japan things." It was gross and unnecessary, literally any situation could have been used. Those angles and clearly on purpose and a clear attempt at fanservice.
The premise is interesting, and I was excited for the series, but I'm dropping it here.
Yeah I think I'm dropping too.

Lmao these people defending showing a naked 12 year as "just Japan things." It was gross and unnecessary, literally any situation could have been used. Those angles and clearly on purpose and a clear attempt at fanservice.

Yeah I think I'm dropping too.
I don't understand why tourists feel the need to announce their departure. Is there some cathartic effect here I'm just missing? And why the pot shots at the people who actually enjoy manga/anime?

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why tourists feel the need to announce their departure. Is there some cathartic effect here I'm just missing? And why the pot shots at the people who actually enjoy manga/anime?
It's all about the chatarsis from feeling moral superior and virtue signaling, either that or overcompesating and projection because they like loli but are in denial about it.
It's why they always inevitably take shot at anime fans, if not outright call them pedo.

Dex-chan lover
If it wasn't up for discussion you wouldn't be bringing it up while trying to be insulting, like entitled trolls. It should be obvious that chapters are the place to commiserate or argue about a series taking a stupid turn.

Even when you set aside series comparisons and cultural apologetics you have about sexualizing a canonically innocent child, this was inconsistent and weak storytelling.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not going to pretend to be morally outraged about the scene or anything, but it does nothing to develop the character or advance the plot. It's a bit of a Chekhov's Gun situation in an otherwise well written series to this point. If she's in the bath, it seems like there should be some reason for it, rather than 'this is just the author working in some fanservice of a 12 year old.'

(Now, put the MC in the bath, even for no reason, and I am entirely down for it. Gimme dem 30-something OLs.)

Dex-chan lover
If it wasn't up for discussion you wouldn't be bringing it up while trying to be insulting, like entitled trolls. It should be obvious that chapters are the place to commiserate or argue about a series taking a stupid turn.

Even when you set aside series comparisons and cultural apologetics you have about sexualizing a canonically innocent child, this was inconsistent and weak storytelling.
I find hilarious that you accused others of being insulting and then you go and disregard people opinion on the accusation of being entitled trolls.
The hypocrisy is palpable.
Also, calling a tourist a tourist is not a offense, manga and anime is literally decades old, fanservice was always common independent of the character age, if you can't accept that at this point then it's a you problem, because it will never change, never ever.
Still can't accept it? Go cry on Twitter.
Now you can actually say someone was insulting, you're welcome.

As for the series taking a stupid turn, being inconsistent and having weak storytelling, it's hilarious that you completely disregard everything else that happens in the chapter, you know, the actual storytelling, to focus on the pointless fanservice that has zero weight in the storytelling.
I counted it, we have 22 pages full of dialogue, 3 of them have fanservice, and you think this tame fanservice is what will ruin the series?
You are a fucking tourist.
I'm not going to pretend to be morally outraged about the scene or anything, but it does nothing to develop the character or advance the plot. It's a bit of a Chekhov's Gun situation in an otherwise well written series to this point. If she's in the bath, it seems like there should be some reason for it, rather than 'this is just the author working in some fanservice of a 12 year old.'

(Now, put the MC in the bath, even for no reason, and I am entirely down for it. Gimme dem 30-something OLs.)
Now this is a reasonable well worded opinion I can stand behind, no whining or accusations.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I find hilarious that you accused others of being insulting and then you go and disregard people opinion on the accusation of being entitled trolls.
The hypocrisy is palpable.
Also, calling a tourist a tourist is not a offense, manga and anime is literally decades old, fanservice was always common independent of the character age, if you can't accept that at this point then it's a you problem, because it will never change, never ever.
Still can't accept it? Go cry on Twitter.
Now you can actually say someone was insulting, you're welcome.

As for the series taking a stupid turn, being inconsistent and having weak storytelling, it's hilarious that you completely disregard everything else that happens in the chapter, you know the actual story, to focus on the pointless fanservice that has zero weight in the storytelling.
I counted it, we have 22 pages full of dialogue, 3 of them have fanservice, and you think this tame fanservice is what will ruin the series?
You are a fucking tourist.

Now this is a reasonable well worded opinion I can stand behind, no whining or accusations.
That's an odd rant for a reasonable disagreement. I don't care who hurt you or scared you enough to blow this sort of thing out of proportion, but I didn't go into pretty much anything you're complaining about. There are series that have better justifications. Take a few deep breaths and go touch grass.

If I think the writing was dull, in an unoriginal magical girl chapter, that's a valid and typical opinion. The service was the highlight that lowered my expectations for later chapters. You not minding this chapter? Valid too. I didn't go into practical and ethical criticisms. For those who do? It's a sign of maturity to process disagreements without panicking or taking it personally, especially when others are putting you into a box.

Dex-chan lover
That's an odd rant for a reasonable disagreement. I don't care who hurt you or scared you enough to blow this sort of thing out of proportion, but I didn't go into pretty much anything you're complaining about. There are series that have better justifications. Take a few deep breaths and go touch grass.
You can't say reasonable disagreement when you started your previous post by making accusations of insults and calling people entitled trolls.
And fact that what you say after is at least borderline personal attack against me and telling me to "touch grass" kinds of invalidates the rest since you could have expressed yourself without being condescending and insulting.
If I think the writing was dull, in an unoriginal magical girl chapter, that's a valid and typical opinion. The service was the highlight that lowered my expectations for later chapters. You not minding this chapter? Valid too. I didn't go into practical and ethical criticisms. For those who do? It's a sign of maturity to process disagreements without panicking or taking it personally, especially when others are putting you into a box.
As for this part, I've read again your post and I kinda missed the context, you did say "Even when you set aside" all the fanservice and said the storytelling itself was weak, not due to the fanservice.
My reading comprehension failed me there.
I'm dumb.
So I apologize for the second part of my post m(_ _)m

Users who are viewing this thread