Mahou Shoujo Tokushuusen Asuka

Dex-chan lover
Depends on skill, why and who is torturing/being tortured. A disposable uninformed person, not so much. Torturing someones kid infront of them for something they have or know, quite effective.

Aggregator gang
Nope. Basic problem is that people will say whatever is needed to get the torture to stop. Whether it is true or not is secondary. This problem goes all the way from coercive police interrogations (not torturous ones) to people inflicting serious physical or mental harm. Disturbingly enough there is actually research about this, ultimately ending with a set of reports done by the US intelligence services deeming torture to be ineffective and that less coercive methods have a higher success rate and lead to more accurate intelligence material being produced.

I find it quite funny that the French magical girl doesn't have a mere magical motorcycle—no, she has a magical Ducati.

Dex-chan lover
Well, for those who may have followed this from batoto:

Called it. There were a lot more magical girls than the 6 we knew before.

The 8 shown plus the 3 others mentioned in Chapter 14 match the total of 11 that Kurumi describes in Chapter 8. The Empress/Brigadier seems to be personally acquainted with Asuka as a magical girl, and presumably is one of the original 11 magical girls. We can eliminate 4 of the Legendary 5—from what we've seen of Asuka, Kurumi, Mia, and Tamara, they're clearly unaware of The Brigadier's plans and/or are shown to be present in a place where she is also present. The fifth, Pei-pei, doesn't match her appearance, but we don't know anything about her, and she could have changed, so that's one possibility.

Of the 3 others we see in this chapter, physical appearance rules out two of them—Francine's frame is too small (plus she got ripped in half) and Claudia is too dark—but Magdalena is a possibility. Another possibility is that she is one of the other 3 mentioned in this chapter but not shown.

Lastly, some of these assumptions could be incorrect. She could be some other girl who knows Asuka but who wasn't one of the original 11 magical girls—Abigail and Whiplash show that new magical girls can be created. Also, it's possible that she's using some kind of appearance-changing magic, and so is one of the magical girls I've eliminated for looking too different. On that same note, because magic is involved she could even be Kurumi, or Asuka herself, even though it makes no logical sense.

So basically, I think the Brigadier is one of the 3 original magical girls mentioned in this chapter but not shown, or perhaps Magdalena. Additionally, she could be Pei-pei or a magical girl created in the same manner as Abigail and Whiplash.

Dex-chan lover
Mahou Shoujo + Gangan magazine's family - let me guess, this manga had a notable yuri subtext?

Dex-chan lover
still no new chapters? i'd imagine that with the anime announced this might attract some attention...

So sad they stopped translating this manga. Was getting really good. I imagined what the episodes would be like for the anime.

Dex-chan lover
@jayel seeing that the "official english" link is there now, not sure if we're going to see anyone pick this up...can't even find this in indonesia.

Double-page supporter
i want to get into this, but when theres guro and magical girls in the same manga, the skies the limit to how things are gonna get fucked up, still remember the one with the 40 year old muscle head guy became a magical girl, it was great for 15 chapters....now they have rape,guro angels,demons and i even think aliens now.... just once id like to see them keep the story under control, and not let them balloon out to stupid levels

Dex-chan lover
Alright, I liked the aesthetics of the first episode of the anime so I searched it up on the net and now I've come to this place. Will give this a read once the season ends

Hey, I'm willing to translate this series, but I need help with cleaning+redrawing and typesetting. Message me if you want to work together.

apparently someone already did it, you just gotta go out of your way and dig it up.

Users who are viewing this thread