Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Steeplechase-hen - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Tatsuya's Teacher

Supporter
MEGA lol

"Ah yes this trap you have laid before me, allow me to step on it."

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
@Aliamus : To be fair, Zhou have been shown to have some skill with mental manipulation magic (see Chiaki moment in the hospital from the Thesis/Yokohama arc) so maybe he's been using something to reduce wariness of people near him.

Dex-chan lover
"Oh, that rope around your neck? Why, it's just a welcome trinket, to be sure. You mean it's attached to the ceiling? I'm sure you must be seeing things from exhaustion. Now, let me get your chair before I ready where you sleep."

Supporter
@WhimsiCat

i didn't think of that, but would he really try that on the head of a house in his own house no less? there probably would be several barriers
those didn't work on the hospital, but the head of a family should have better tech right? idk.
“A duck approaches, carrying a leek on its back” its probably what he's thinking, totally oblivious that he, is fact, the duck.
i remember reading this part on the LN, but i don't remember how it went...

Dex-chan lover
even a beginner knew that it's a trap..
their ambition to "not use magician as tools of war" will bite them in the back..

Dex-chan lover
@Aliamus @WhimsiCat my guess is that he is blindly working on an important project for him, so he just dissmisses/ignores the risk just to achieve something.

While we know it's obviously a trap, this is his one of, let's say, life goals so he cares not what will happen to him once he fails.

Stupid, because that's how it is. It's like with saying "it's a good idea to speed up the development of covid vaccine". Speeding it up means forgetting about procedures which were made to avoid terrible side-effects, it is just neglect.
Or it's like landing a plane and hoping the landing gears are down without checking because the other pilot

Anyway, thanks for translation!

Contributor
Woah. When you said "early August" you meant it as we'd only entered August an hour before by UTC when you uploaded this.

Group Leader
Gracias por seguir con la versión en inglés, a nosotros ya se nos había complicado

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking this up.

Can I be honest? I feel like the author is just complicating things needlessly... this series is already chock full of characters, we don't need more to be focused on. I think it'd have been easier to just have Erika and Leo join and be done with it...

That said... Erika is just too cute >.<

Users who are viewing this thread