Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Steeplechase-hen

Contributor
@Freestyle
Look below the description, there is a section called Related which tells you what is before and what is after this manga.

Why do they keep changing the artists? The constantly changing artstyle quite bugs me especially when it makes a downgrade.

I really liked the art in Tsuioku-hen and Kaichou Senkyo-hen. Although in Kaichou Senkyo-hen Tatsuya and Suzune looked a little iffy, the others were drawn really well especially Mayumi.

Group Leader
Well, that's because they cover differents arc at the same time, so they need different artists to be able to do it

Aggregator gang
Sigh. The Manga is not scattered, it's just seems in disorder because we're 5years behind in LNs.

I remember when we were all caught up with the translations where these manga actually seemed slow at first.

But now we just don't know what the heck going on or what the adaptions even mean.

@OwEn98 I went a little too far with my words. I don't mind the differences in artstyle from Kitaumi to Yuzuki to Ikawa to Majiko. Sure I have a favorite but I wouldn't mind if they went in rotation from book to book. Even though the art is different you can tell it's all in the same universe or you might not even notice that they had different artists from reading it the first time around.

It's just when you have the extremes of Yokohama and Steeplechase that clearly stand out in regards to artstyle, that's when it bugs me. "Am I even reading the same book?" That kind of feeling. Or it feels like a non-canon spinoff.

Hm... So This is New Nine Schools Competition? -senzlord

It's held annually, only the first one is really in-depth though. The rest are somewhat shoehorned into the background as an event that triggers new background conflicts... or so to speak.

Contributor
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-10-29/irregular-at-magic-high-steeplechase-arc-manga-ends/.165738

Users who are viewing this thread