Mahousekai no Uketsukejou ni Naritai desu! - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

apparently
I heard a spoiler where at the end, we're left with sort of a cliffhanger because at the end, they BARELY realize their feeling for each other. I think in the manga Alves already knows about his feelings so maybe we'll see faster progress here??

Hey mangaka san, doing a 180 on the personality of a character isn't the same as character development... Who is this Alves guy? We're sold for 7 chapters that he has a shitty personality, massive tease, easy to rile up, apparently indifferent. For him to suddenly turn polite, soft spoken, gentle, nerdy, is a bit of an unacceptable jump... No matter if you give him one rude sentence at the end so the MC can go off pouting.

Also, he doesn't have a way to hide her? Really? Two chapters after invisibility spells? Same chapter as a disguise spell? She can teleport and force him to speak his true feelings with a mirror but she can't make her own fake face? Dang, how lazy is the writing here...

THE PATTING OF THE HEAD AND THE HUGGING IS DRIVING ME CRAZYYYYY~~~

Thank you so much for translating this! Please dont drop it ❤️❤️❤️

@NoraDaimio
See this is the thing. I really started liking Alves rn and I couldnt understand why that was. Reading your comment really laid it out for me. I completely agree that they changed him into a different character.

@Mai_loves_icecream And I would not mind it at all either! I like a brooding nerd hiding behind a scaldy exterior, but you can't switch a character like this in one chapter... You've got to earn it for it to make sense...

Fed-Kun's army
Yes, I agree with all of you, but its also possible, as he is an adult now. He can't be childish all the time, especially for the son of a duke and a person in power. Too bad we don't see any of this, so it seems like an extremely about face.

Dex-chan lover
Well to be fair the school arc got a lot of time skip so we missed a lot of nuances that Alves might've had all along (actually it is in the 6.5 extra)

Dex-chan lover
Well, I actually didn't call that Alves was the pig. The prospect of someone taking someone else's face seems pretty... scummy? I guess?
OTOH no prizes for how he guessed Nunally's identity- what other lady would decide the best spot to stand by was the buffet?
(Well, someone like Bakarina, of course!)

Fed-Kun's army
@magykpanda I only vaguely remember the laws, but if you don't mind spoilers:
They had something to do with marriage between a noble and a commoner. A previous high ranking noble wanted to marry a commoner and had those laws passed to make it possible for her to have a comfortable life, reserve her rights, and still be able to work as she wanted.

i like his older version a lot more. when he was younger he seemed like that boy who likes a girl but would pull her hair in class and make her cry to have a chance to talk to her. now his tsundere is fading and he seems much more mature hoho

Dex-chan lover
ahhhh so they can hide themselves with magic as well. I had my doubts that pigman was fire dude and it was somehow correct

Group Leader
truly magical. makes my heart go kyuuun

Users who are viewing this thread