Mahousekai no Uketsukejou ni Naritai desu! - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

@primrosea
I think he only suspected her to be nunally and he wasn't sure,because at some point of the conversation he said to himself : "when i thoughts i found a lovely lady..."

I honestly don't get why people are still so upset with Alves. Look at the amount of comments in this chapter. An entire chapter that shows the good side of him and what type of person he is outside of his rivalry with Nunally. And the entire time, he was covering for Nunally and once again, is shown to be kind, perceptive, and does not have a big inflated ego, as shown by his words toward that girl. He was not "heartbroken" because that girl did not love him. In fact, he encouraged her to follow her real heart and try to marry the person he loves instead of the person she doesn't, himself, just because of what her father may have wanted. And yet people are still letting their initial impressions of him during their school days as their primary reason to not support him.

His entire relationship in school with Nunally were those of rivals, or equals. They bicker and banter, compete, and fight each other to be on top. But they both also are shown to respect one another. Isn't that a good thing? They're very similar to Kaguya and Miyuki from Kaguya-sama. Only difference is that they aren't quite in love with each other, yet.

His biggest fault at the moment is that he's still not honest. Nunally's biggest fault is that she isn't perceptive and does not seem to notice his kind acts acts in contrast to his rough words. But then again, that would be similar to Kaguya and Miyuki, whose biggest problems are their pride (to comedic effects).

And as to the spoilers, I won't trust them until I read it myself. Spoilers in stories such as these are often translated or conveyed with tinted lens. The story facts are usually the only ones I would trust easily. More subjective spoilers are something to be wary about.

Aggregator gang
Marissa, sweetheart, gem
he's not worth your time
I don't hate Alves like some others but it's not good to hide one's feelings
And Marissa, you have to understand
Cannon Ships can not be broken
and if you try you'll undoubtedly die

Thanks for the translation!

That one dude masquerading as Alves got his sights right lmao. Also damn maybe the real magic is Alves getting prettier and prettier every chapter. Seriously, how does he do it??? Doctors want to know this mans secret.

Dex-chan lover
@Enternal
I quote what Sir Dante from Devil May Cry 3 said:
https://youtu.be/axM_7AO5fKc?t=1146

"If you are asking for a date, forget it.
Cause I make a point not to go out with women who shoot me in the head"

A25.jpg

And as I said. If he didn't do those things at the academy, he is a good/nice guy.
But he DID.

Just like Sir Dante, I make a point not to accept Violent characters (male or female)

Fed-Kun's army
I REALLY ALMOST THOUGHT ALVES X NUNALLY ISN'T GOING TO SAIL LOOOL XD

@Loli_Omamoritai
The school trained them in magic and not only for general usage but also for battle purposes. So in this context, it makes complete sense. And we can see she immediately retaliated with a direct ice punch to his face, which he took it like it's a normal thing. Because, it's literally normal for them and what they were trained for. In chapter 3, they literally had a magic battle tournament.

Now, if it was just a normal school where battling is not part of the curriculum, then I would completely agree with you there.

People are so mean to Alves?? He ain’t even bad?? And he and Nunally have a rival kinda relationship and he clearly likes teasing her, they also respect each other despite all those stuff. He’s a good guy thooo smh

I also remember reading a comment on the last chapter saying that their relationship was toxic and am like, how tf :/

Dex-chan lover
@Enternal
Nonsense.
Did you see anyone throw fists beside him?

Imagine you got shooting training at police school, you shot a bullet at your mate's body.
He isn't dead because he wears bullet-vest.
Is that normal?

Imagine you got football training at school, you shoot a ball at your mate's face.
In soccer, use face to block the ball is normal but does that make your shot at your mate's face normal?

Imagine you got boxing training at school, you throw a fist at your mate.
In boxing, hit your opponent's face is normal. But does that make your fist at your mate's head normal?

Etc.

Want me to list more?

@Loli_Omamoritai

The purpose of that scene was to show their rivalry against one another. Even their familiars represent that (wolf and a cat, or similarly a cat and dog). In addition, it was a punch to the stomach and not to the face, according to chapter 4 or 5 of the novel. The manga does not show clearly where she was hit.

Using real life shooting training is a poor analogy. In shooting school, you are never EVER trained to shoot at your mates. A better analogy would be your boxing match. But once again, it was not to the face. Nunally is the one that retaliated to Alves' punch to the stomach with an ice punch to the face.

Your football and soccer training analogy is also a poor analogy. You are never trained to shoot at your mate's face or allowed to in any of those sports. Once again, she wasn't punched in the face. She was punched in the stomach. She then retaliated with an ice punch to Alves' face.

So yes, their whole rivalry is normal. He instigates a fight, she retaliates. She instigates a fight (which she does), he retaliates. It's been going on since they first met. But like you said, we should never agree to violent characters. But subsequently, that also means that Nunally was the first one to be violent to Alves. She was also the first one to bring magic to a fight with Alves. And she was also the first one to express a desire to punch Alves.

Honestly, if Nunally was also a guy, I think their relationship would be similar to Natsu and Gray from Fairy Tail. Fire and ice and are rivals.

Anyways, that's all I'm going to say. We can agree to disagree.

Dex-chan lover
@Enternal
My bad, I planned to write "shooting training at police/military school" but forgot to write "police/military".

And it seems like you misunderstand what I said.
Hitting someone out of nowhere is never normal, you can see the look from everyone and from FMC as well whenever he hits her.
They just overlook it because he is a high rank noble.

It's not rivalry, he is the one who ALWAYS VIOLENTLY PROVOKED her first.

Yes, if Nunally was also a guy, it's SOMEWHAT FORGIVABLE but she is a girl.
Even hitting a guy out of nowhere isn't good as well.

Imagine HULK is chilling, THOR just comes out of nowhere and throws a fist at him saying "My bad, bro, my hand slipped". And they "trade blows", Yep, normal.

TL;DR:
It's the Author's mistake to put him in NEGATIVE LIGHT for TOO LONG.
It makes readers hate him to no end. Just like a SCAR that never heals, unlike a wound that heals.
He really becomes a nice guy.
I admit I WOULD SURELY LIKE him after the school arc but the negative is already too strong.

Maybe if I drop this series for about 1 year or more to the point I forget about his negative point, then I will surely come to like him.
But I love FMC, so I won't drop this series for the sake of liking him.

@Loli_Omamoritai
My bad, I planned to write "shooting training at police/military school" but forgot to write "police/military".
No worries. But even then, at least what I know of our military in the US, we still don't train our soldiers to ever shoot at each other with live rounds, for obvious reasons. However, I am aware that special forces do fire live rounds in really close proximity for practice in clearing out houses and such, though.

It's not rivalry, he is the one who ALWAYS VIOLENTLY PROVOKED her first.
Technically it's her who violently provoked him first during their early school days when she slapped him hard on the back while he was asleep. He retaliated with a slap to her face. She then retaliated with ice magic which he held off with his fire magic saying that she should not do that since it's dangerous, but she still proceeded anyways. In the novel, the teachers even had to tell Nunally and Alves during the battle tournament to stop picking fights with each other. Also, I disagree about it not being rivalry. It literally is rivalry as they are always competing with each other in everything. Whether it's academics, magic, or battles. That's what "rivalry" means. Hell, even Nunally herself considered themselves as rivals: "When I think back about it, there is no objection that we were good rivals to each other" in chapter 10 of the novel.

Yes, if Nunally was also a guy, it's SOMEWHAT FORGIVABLE but she is a girl.
If you want to say that it's unforgivable, it should be unforgivable in all situation. You can't just say it's less forgivable because she's a girl.

Your Hulk and Thor analogy is fair. It's just that these two have a history of being like this. According to the novel, the students are so used to it that they even placed bets, weirdly enough. The teachers are so used to them competing at the smallest things, frequently quarreling, and getting into fights because either of them would provoke the other, that they just ignore it for the most part. Although it was also implied that the reason they don't intervene not only because it's common occurrences between these two but more importantly is that they don't go over the top with their fights or quarrel and knows when to stop before it gets too serious. Which does not really make it all right, but it must be noted that they are both guilty of provoking one another. But once again, in context, I simply take that as that being part of their strong rivalry with one another. On a side note, another rivalry is shown between Prince Zenon and Satanath, the commoner.

And it seems like you misunderstand what I said.
Hitting someone out of nowhere is never normal, you can see the look from everyone and from FMC as well whenever he hits her.
Oh, I totally agree. But in my opinion, this is one of those times where context also matters and is important. Also, "from everyone"? I re-read those chapters and the only time we ever see the reactions from other people are when they fought at the gate where the girls are rooting for him (weirdos). Even the novel does not really explain much about other people's reactions besides the girls rooting for him once again. The headmaster, who was there, told something to the prince between heading back in. It was implied that the headmaster told the prince to watch over their fight to make sure it does not go over the top. The teachers that are present also simply tried to shoo them to go home instead of fighting because it's getting dark. Those are the only reactions from others that I have seen or read.

Yeah, I agree with you. Although, technically it was only for two chapters in the manga and three chapters in the novel.

But I love FMC, so I won't drop this series for the sake of liking him.
Oh, definitely. I'm reading it for the FMC as well. It's just that I felt that hate for Alves was too excessive for what he actually did when Nunally isn't free from guilt for instigating fights with him, too, and was actually the one that started it all in their early days. But the point I take from this is that it's showing that Nunally is fearless. She does take any crap from anybody, even if that person is a noble or royalty. The same about Alves. The point that I got is that Alves is someone who has a lot of pride and takes people straight on without abusing his authority as a son of a Duke.

If it makes you feel any better, Nunally said this, "Nowadays, we only quarrel with our mouth, we do not clash with our magic anymore. In a good meaning, it seems that both of us have grown up already. However, for just a little bit. I feel a little bit disappointed." This is right before they started dancing together in chapter 10 of the novel. So both matured before they graduated and stopped getting violent with one another.

Thank You for the chapter ❤️

I'm curious, what are the articles & laws, He takled about 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread