Mahoutsukai no Konyakusha

FINALLY!!!! ive been waiting for this for months!!!! CONGRATS!!! 🎉🎉

It's been said before and I'll say it again, the MC isn't great. She doesn't do anything. As in, other than sending letters and sewing a single handkerchief we're left to assume that she sits around being pretty and pining over her fiance. She doesn't seem to have any hobbies, likes or dislikes. And if she does, it doesn't matter because the author doesn't tell us. When faced with demeaning behaviour from her fiance she just smiles... and that's it? Wtf? I can understand if she does it for a bit, but she doesn't say anything about it for seemingly weeks on end?

As mentioned previously by @RubyG8396 it's more of a "please get together story". Therefore, I feel that the fact that the characters are a little bland doesn't matter. They don't need to be especially deep, but if you want me to give half a shit about their relationship, then tell me something about them. The fiance doesn't fail as badly because we know what motivates him and that he basically worked really hard for the 7 years they were apart. The MC though? Yea. And the fiance isn't interesting enough to solve this issue. Overall, it's the kinda story that relies heavily on writing shortcuts to induce a certain emotion and doesn't put in the effort to say, "Btw, MC girl writes poetry in her spare time" or something to the effect, and would rather have her literally sit around doing nothing - as in there are frames where she literally just sits there and thinks vaguely about her fiance...

It's really easy for even a poorly written story to make my heart go wibbly wobbly, but at least in those stories we actually know something about the characters, no matter how two dimensional and cliche those qualities are. There's no character progression because there's no character to progress, the only thing that progresses is their relationship... because the plot demands it. I'd rate it much higher if the author added even a handful of lines showing what some of the characters did in their spare time or something. Anything to give me a reason to care about this couple other than the fact that the story demands I do.

Oh, and I forgot the paedophilia... the earlier chapters are creepy as all hell, and if you give half a thought about her age in the later chapters... well it doesn't make the experience better I can assure you that...

I can't take it anymore. Instead of re-releasing old chapters, release new ones. I'm unfollowing this one.

why has the same chapter been reuploaded like 10 times now?? xD
and I get an entry in my follows each time. why?

@xHolo Ultimately I think the story is much too short to have anything but plot demanded relationship progression. The story narrative, although switching between the POV of both MCs, isn't told in a way to make us relate to them. They spent a little more time developing Edi's personality but that wasn't to make him realistic, that was also part of the plot. After all he treated our protagonist like dirt for a little while. That whole drama thing the author put in there was resolved by giving more eposition to Edi. The problem wasn't resolved at all. BUT it did give some incite into the motive of Edi's actions. Therefore it is appropriate to say that none of the characters has personality.

Hey...I'm not complaining. Our MC is just there to keep supporting Edi. I don't HATE her, I just think its the story writing style for little to no eposition to be given to her. The plot propels the characters rather than the other way around. We aren't even seeing the story through our main character's eyes. We are seeing it through the lens of an onlooker observing their relationship. If we were required to relate to the MC, they would have given her more background, but alas we are not. She's just kinda there.

But none of us is here for good relatable characters. This dramafest is what we came for.

Thank you guys (both the translation groups) so much !! This is manga is so good it's a blessing to read T^T My heart cant take all the feels aaaaaaaaaaaah

Frick I thought the story will end kinda flat w their marriage but then the author is actually introducing a new arc with danger and plot omg

Ty for the amazing translation!!!

@yukarinin lol, you Will get used to this, all my romance manhwa and manga have danger plot Twist, It is kind variable, some times It is a villain who appear, amnesia, misunderstandings (The worst of them) and even when their Secrets are exposed and used as blackmail(to use against the family or to kill the MC, generally the maid or close friends are those who dont have choose).
In my opnion there will be 2 situations, the new villain and someone will discover her secret and use It against "Edi", the nobles are the most possible to do that.
But! It could make a plot to a new reincarnator and make things a lot worse xD, i hope the autor put something new.

Finally! Finally Philomena is actually doing something!

I loved the ending but who else was frustrated that it just felt like she waited around for everything?!

Users who are viewing this thread